Collection dump pick-up - why not?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I was at the bank the other day transferring some money into one of my payroll accounts when they told me the computer was down and it might take a while. Well it certainly was taking a while so I took the time to ask all the tellers the usual questions for half dollars and old coins. One of tellers thought they might have a couple rolls in the vault but when she returned said someone got them yesterday. Oh well - I then noticed her quarters all looked bright but coppery except one in the middle of her tray and asked about that. She pulled it out and said, "oh yeah, some guy dropped off these today along with some dimes and nickels. The quarter was a silver proof bicentennial - looked like it was right out of the package. I told her I'd take everything he dropped off. I got a roll of nickels, quarters and dimes. No other silver but there was a Buffalo nickel (1935) hiding in the nickel roll. Everything else was from the 1970's and 1980's and all fresh out of the mint sets. Not worth much but I did update all my coin folders with uncirculated toned coins for the collecting side of the hobby I like! Made for an interesting visits. The computers never did reboot but my collection certainly got a reboot!

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some can be the proceeds of a burglary :angry5::evil4:, others are the clean out after a collector passes & the family just wants some quick cash :sad11:---- the rest are just residents of the land of ID--------Idiots :laughing9:

just gotta be aware the sniper tellers :BangHead:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still some nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I don't remember very many 40% quarters being reported on this forum. Maybe 1 or 2 others?

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I was surprised with it, I've found quite a few bicentennial silver halves and ikes but this was my first quarter so it does complete my CRH bicentennial silver proof set which is pretty cool!

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread