Just bought my Ryedale Coin Penny Sorter paid for in 40%halfs

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Re: Just bought my Ryedale Coin Penny Sorter

can you post a pic and or a link to where one might find one of these.

Does it look like it might last a while or another of those plastic pieces of shit that will die in about 6 months like so many other coin sorters out there?

Thanks
Aaron

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007

Hi Aaron,
I Got the apprentice model its the cheaper one but does the same as the expensive one only difference is that theres no metal case around it.
Hes Built these from the ground up and look pretty reliable.Everyone else I know who has them love them.
I spoke to him on the phone hes a realy nice guy.

Happy Hunting,
CC

Btw heres his site hes got vids of the machines running on there to.
http://www.ryedalecoin.com/

Attachments

• APP1.jpg
    APP1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6,065

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

I'm very intrigued by these.
How accurate is it?
Also -do you know of a good way to sell them yet or are you just hoading them for now?

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT

thanks for the link.

txtim. umm I know they made it illegal to melt coins down to sell them for the copper just fairly recently. I don't know of any junkyards that would buy them outright.... I mean hell, let me give you 100 pennies, you give me 145 back, i want the payment in pennies ;D

Not to mention, they'd just recycle them, which means melting them down, which means breaking the new law.

I don't want to say melt them, sell them and don't get caught because that'd be illegal ::) ??? but many junkyards will buy copper lumps / slabs / refining splashes for at least #2 prices... still over what they are worth.

Aaron

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia

selling them isn't illegal. some people sell them on ebay, don't know what kind of profits they get though.

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007

Im Hoarding them for the future in hopes they will sale like bags of silver.

Ive seen a guy buying them for 1.3 cents a peice.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

As for melting coins one must remember, NO scrap yard is going to pay full value for anything.
you will be lucky to get maybe half value or if your lucky more. Even if you cast them into bars you still have the problem of an "Unknown copper alloy" as pennies are not %100 copper. They would have to be refined unless your going to use them to make pennies. So you will get penalized on that one too.

Also few places in the US melt copper anymore, most of the demand is over seas. however you cant export more than $5 or $100 worth for collectibles.

Anyway you look at it, unless your looking for old coins for collectibles its not worth it to even try to melt them.
If one wants to recycle copper go to demolition sites and pull it out with permission. Construction sites etc. You can also get the benefit of Copper, Aluminum, iron etc and you dont have to worry about laws, And there is the potential for more than what one can order from a bank.
Anyway you look at it the volume, risk, work invested etc to melt pennies for copper is just not worth it.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coincollector101 said:
I just Purchased my Ryedale Coin Penny Sorter.
I had never heard of those till you told me about them two weeks ago. They are really something. I ordered the same model also, fed-x delivered it last night. It looks very well built. I have over 115# of pennies waiting to go through. Very busy today and could only read the instructions a play a bit with it.

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin

I built my own and it works super.......And instead of just pennies ... mine goes through dime bags ($500.00) in 15 minutes.

peace ... love and ROLLERCOASTERS.

Ps...... Hey Dirk! give me a call!

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

acute collector said:
I built my own and it works super.......And instead of just pennies ... mine goes through dime bags ($500.00) in 15 minutes.

peace ... love and ROLLERCOASTERS.

Ps...... Hey Dirk! give me a call!
Can you post a picture of it?
Peace, love and Bobby Sherman.........LOL

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007

Hey TxTim,
If Im not Mistaking he told me its 99.99% accurate.

Just hoarding for now.

CC

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007

Btw Guys and Girls I Paid for mine completely with 162 40% Silver Halfs. ;D
I wanted to make sure he was ok with me telling you all that.
He said he would take "alternative" types of payments Silver/ Gold and "pennies" he said to lol.

I thought I would let you all know that it made it alot easier for me to get my machine on limited funds.

CC

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I have the Apprentice model, too. Works like a charm. I have yet to see any inaccuracies. Sorting the "zinc concentrate" for pre-1940 wheats is such a treat! If anyone is serious about penny sorting, I HIGHLY recommend buying a Ryedale. www.ryedalecoin.com

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
so by sorting dime bags, what are you sorting out? silver dimes? Id think it'd be easier just to look at the edges for the 'nice ones' a roll at a time or whatever.

aaron

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin
I change the settings on the parts and then it goes like a charm..... I think that the Rydale machine can be manipulated to achieve the same thing........... swicho blamo and ching goes the silver

OP
OP
C

coincollector101

May 8, 2007
I got My Machine In the mail today.

Ive Already went threw 20,000 pennies.
I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!

I want another!! so I can search more lol

idothisforfun

Mar 14, 2007
Ohio
Just a question to the people who own one of these, How do they do? I am looking at purchasing one next week or so, and was curious to how you like the one you own, and would you recommend it to another.
Thanks
Tim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idothisforfun said:
Just a question to the people who own one of these, How do they do?
yes, I do think it is a great machine. Only had it a week so still playing with it. My big concearn is returning all these zinc cents. My back will take the returns, in $25 canvas bags, but they want my count to be correct.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread