Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any suggestions on getting just new quarter rolls Ive bought 200 dollars worth found 1 2019 p quarter. Im sure its just a crap shoot but Im firng. lol I need all 5 and will get them slabbed by pcgs. I save things like that for my kids for 30 40 years from now... Tommy I also saw at the bank 5 silver halves in the tellers tray and asked to buy them she said you can have all the halves accept my silver ones rrrhhhh BRAT lol

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
"That being said, I'm up to $7,000 in quarters and now have 8 of them."

I'm up to $4,000 searched, and still have 0 of them. And only found a few boxes with any Lowell's in them so far. NO American coins in a box yet. Not one. So they are still sloewr to come out here, which means maybe I'll find them, but in a few months. Congrats on your 8. Wish I could find ONE. :-)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a total of about 25 now, with $11,000 searched. The last one came from the convenience store in change today! On a happy note, I just got the grade back on the last two I had slabbed. One a MS-64 and the other a MS-66! Happy dance. And since I have a pic from the grading company of the MS-66, of course, it won't post here!

Last edited:

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I And since I have a pic from the grading company of the MS-66, of course, it won't post here!
Congrats on you finds and the two grades! But why won’t it post here?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TxAg, only the mods and admins know. I let them know and I can post, and start new threads, but as of now it won't let me post a jpg file.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Seeing as how this thread is still relevant, how's everybody doing on their quest to find these quarters. I only managed 1 for WW2, but better than none.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Seeing as how this thread is still relevant, how's everybody doing on their quest to find these quarters. I only managed 1 for WW2, but better than none.

I'm still selling the Lowell's that I found (67). I have 12 in my Do Not Sell stash that I will take to FUN to get graded. Minimum expectations are 66 grades.

I've only found 1 American Memorial. The rest - bupkis. I've not been hunting a large volume only 2 boxes/week.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 23 so far. I usually get 1-2 per box. Hoping to catch a big score with a box of new quarters, but haven’t got lucky yet.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got more after a 7 week hiatus. Some lady brought a box of change in today at the bank, probably a merchant though, I got all of it. Have 4 rolls of halves, all skunks. Haven't looked through the rest yet. But wait, there's more. I finished the rest and got a 1957 Quarter. Nothing else. Silver's fine, the prices on the W's has settled about $15-17 a coin, ungraded.

Last edited:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
"I found a total of about 25 now, with $11,000 searched."

I'm up to $15,000 searched now. Still at ZERO found. Still just never as good in Phoenix as it seems on the east coast.

But I'll keep getting a box a week for now, to see. PLus I bought 2 on ebay for $10 each. prices have dropped for the older ones.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Any suggestions on getting just new quarter rolls Ive bought 200 dollars worth found 1 2019 p quarter. Im sure its just a crap shoot but Im firng. lol I need all 5 and will get them slabbed by pcgs. I save things like that for my kids for 30 40 years from now... Tommy I also saw at the bank 5 silver halves in the tellers tray and asked to buy them she said you can have all the halves accept my silver ones rrrhhhh BRAT lol

This really makes me feel like a dumbask! 'Bout two weeks ago I busted a roll of quarters open at work and noticed a nice shiny rim. Pulled it and checked it out. Was one of the crawling soldier variety. Hmmmnnn....W mint. Googled it quickly and came up with nothing that indicated to me that I should hang on to it.....Oh well. Maybe next one.

Grease

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
This really makes me feel like a dumbask! 'Bout two weeks ago I busted a roll of quarters open at work and noticed a nice shiny rim. Pulled it and checked it out. Was one of the crawling soldier variety. Hmmmnnn....W mint. Googled it quickly and came up with nothing that indicated to me that I should hang on to it.....Oh well. Maybe next one.

Grease

Each category of 5 for 2019-W quarters only has 2 million minted for a total of 10 million for the whole year. Low mintage guarantees some value far above just a quarter. It's bound to drop a bit more after the hype has settled, but should settle to between $5 and $10 for those ungraded in decent shape. It's still a great return on 25 cents.

PghPI

Aug 27, 2019
Western PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been CRH'ing just this year, started with half dollars and then got a W coin in pocket change when I was on vacation in Vegas. I had no idea of what the W mint was doing in circulation, thought it was a NIFC coin, and looked it up for info. Found out about the W 2019 Quarters and started CRH for them. Got pretty lucky. Got 5 rolls from my bank that were all BU Loomis wrapped 2019 War in the Pacific Guam coins, and found 3 W mint marked quarters. Then found a few banks that had just gotten orders of change and got into a box of American Memorial Park 2019 quarters. Funny thing was, I did not find a single AMP W coin, but the W Lowells were mixed in with them. Ended up with 27 Lowell W's. Next box was a box of War in the Pacific BU's, and I managed to get 30 rolls total from that box. Pulled 21 more WIP W's. Haven't found any of the AMP W's, and now waiting for the new Texas con to drop this week.....bank has change on order, so I am hoping the luck continues.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
share to share any of those with people on this board? :-) At what price?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
share to share any of those with people on this board? :-) At what price?

You already have a Lowell, I believe. But if you don't, take a look at my ebay auction. I listed another (ends this Saturday). These are all grading candidates. This one this week, should have been placed in my Do Not Sell coin tube. It might be the nicest one that I've sold so far. Don't want to violate TNet's policy. I am a Charter Member, but I don't want to post the links in this section. Just go to the classified section (Coins) and click on any of the older eBay auction links. Then choose "See Seller's Other Items".

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coins have they released so far is the 3rd one out yet. Tommy

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The San Antonio Mission quarter release is imminent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread