Good Saturday

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I quit ordering half boxes two months ago, due in part to time constraints but mainly due to absolutely abysmal finds. Still ask for rolls/loose, but found that I was frequenting bank much less as a result.

Had to travel a few hours out of town yesterday, and realized I’d be near a bank that’s produced for me in the past just before closing. I called them right before I left home asking if they had any half dollars. They checked around, and said they had a bunch. I told them I’d be in just before closing to pick them up, and they were quite pleased.

Sure enough, I got there with 20 minutes to spare, and found they had $90 in halves - almost exactly the amount they had the last time I was there two years ago when I found 20 some odd 40%’ers. I took them all, all of them CWR’s, then pulled over at a gas station to see what I had.

Opened one end of the first roll and saw silver! Opened the other end, and saw silver!! Emptied the roll out into my hand and saw... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555870577.865038.jpg

SOLID ROLL OF SILVER!!!!!

Mind you, this was the first of 9 rolls. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking as I reached for the second roll, opened one end and saw silver! Opened the other end and saw silver!!! Emptied the second roll into my hands and saw...

18 clad and two silver. The rest of the rolls were mostly clad, though one roll had 7 silver all next to each other in the middle of the roll.

Total haul was 34 silver halves, all 40%. On the day after Good Friday; I was somewhat relieved it wasn’t 30 pieces of silver found on Good Friday, which incredibly enough happen to me several years ago. Nonetheless, a great way to break my box skunk streak!

It’s still out there!

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great haul there, just being patient and at the right place at the right. Love the story. Yes, it does happen, once in a while. Maybe the person didn't know about 40%, or only kept the 90%.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Im hoping to have a find like that soon Thats great

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul! I've had so many skunk boxes lately that continuing is mostly an excuse to see my tellers weekly and ask for loose halves, CWR, and large dollars.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked my records and 34 silvers is the same number as I have found in my last 45 boxes.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome roll, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread