Good Saturday
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 12 Post By FormerTeller
  • 1 Post By Dozer D

Thread: Good Saturday

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2011
    1288 times

Good Saturday

I quit ordering half boxes two months ago, due in part to time constraints but mainly due to absolutely abysmal finds. Still ask for rolls/loose, but found that I was frequenting bank much less as a result.

Had to travel a few hours out of town yesterday, and realized Iíd be near a bank thatís produced for me in the past just before closing. I called them right before I left home asking if they had any half dollars. They checked around, and said they had a bunch. I told them Iíd be in just before closing to pick them up, and they were quite pleased.

Sure enough, I got there with 20 minutes to spare, and found they had $90 in halves - almost exactly the amount they had the last time I was there two years ago when I found 20 some odd 40%íers. I took them all, all of them CWRís, then pulled over at a gas station to see what I had.

Opened one end of the first roll and saw silver! Opened the other end, and saw silver!! Emptied the roll out into my hand and saw... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1555870577.865038.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	835.9 KB 
ID:	1705480

SOLID ROLL OF SILVER!!!!!

Mind you, this was the first of 9 rolls. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking as I reached for the second roll, opened one end and saw silver! Opened the other end and saw silver!!! Emptied the second roll into my hands and saw...

18 clad and two silver. The rest of the rolls were mostly clad, though one roll had 7 silver all next to each other in the middle of the roll.

Total haul was 34 silver halves, all 40%. On the day after Good Friday; I was somewhat relieved it wasnít 30 pieces of silver found on Good Friday, which incredibly enough happen to me several years ago. Nonetheless, a great way to break my box skunk streak!

Itís still out there!

us
    Feb 2012
    2568 times
    Coin roll hunting
    Great haul there, just being patient and at the right place at the right. Love the story. Yes, it does happen, once in a while. Maybe the person didn't know about 40%, or only kept the 90%.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    30887 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Good job Im hoping to have a find like that soon Thats great

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2532 times
    Nice haul! I've had so many skunk boxes lately that continuing is mostly an excuse to see my tellers weekly and ask for loose halves, CWR, and large dollars.

us
    May 2018
    Maryland
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    2532 times
    Just checked my records and 34 silvers is the same number as I have found in my last 45 boxes.

us
    Apr 2011
    1288 times
    It took me my last 36 boxes to find 34 silver. I feel your pain.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    28087 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Awesome roll, congrats!

Sponsored Links