Drying up for me.....

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Silver is getting harder to come by at my good bank over here.

I did two boxes last week, got 3 - 40% and 1 - '03, that's it. I haven't been as aggresive at it as I was a few months back, getting less and less silver for the time and effort I'm putting into it. I would do more boxes, but I'm still stuck hand-rolling them all back up, not a coin counter anywhere in town. To find only 3 keepers in two boxes after you've spent hours rolling them just isn't much fun anymore.

Upvote 0

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I am going through the same thing with boxes. I feel lucky now if I find 1 40% in a box, and that doesn't happen much in the last few months. Road trips are more productive. I find some silver, but if I factor in gas I'm sure I take a loss more times than not.

Good luck.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Fropa said:
I find some silver, but if I factor in gas I'm sure I take a loss more times than not.

Good luck.
If your in it for profit, the gas hurts. I'm more in it for a hobby so the gas doesn't matter. I usually do some MDing along the way.

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I've been collecting coins for about 40 years so the collecting and the fun of the hunt are the main things. I also look at it as a way to get out and explore parts of the state I wouldn't normally check out if I wasn't bank hunting. In the grand scheme of things the gas has to be factored in like postage if you order a coin, but I don't think about the gas when I hit the road.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread