Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The half dollar skunk boxes have increased to 80% since Feb, and we've found only 3 90% silver halves in the last 49 boxes. So I've started getting dime boxes. The Mercury dime is one of my favorite designs and my fourth dime box gave up a silver dime, my first from a box, and it was this Mercury. Looking forward to searching more dimes!

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mega: welcome to my DIME domain in box hunting. You will find that the hits are more often, but not nearly as ounce heavy as halves. I've been doing dimes mostly since my start in 2011, and you must remember that it takes 2-dimes to make up a 40%, and 5-dimes to equal a 90%. You be your own judge. Hope to see more positive dime finds from you, and GOOD LUCK.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dozer - I have followed your very informative dime postings with great interest and I'm happy to have joined the dime club. I'll still do one box of halves per week for now, down from four boxes, mostly because I'd love to find an old commemorative half in a roll. I'll be doing two boxes of dimes per week. They sure are easy to dump!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find man. I pulled one of those in my first bag, but been on a 12 bag dry spell since. Dimes are nice in that you can rim hunt if you're only after silver, but for me, not nearly as interesting. Not much for foreign or old ones not even an impaired proof, just hope for silver... Best of luck man!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! I did 4 dime boxes for the last three weeks, they’re hard for me because my eyes suck, I switched to halves this week and picked up 3 40% coins. Looking forward to picking up dime bags from my new bag source. Very nice merc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread