Very nice bag of dimes tonight!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Took last week off to take the fam to myrtle beach, have been itching since to get back into it.

Picked up 1 bag of dimes and 4 bags of cents today, only had time to do the dimes, it takes me about 2 hours, but I’d say it was well worth the time, was very pleased with the results. The CAD silver was the only CAD in the bag, and I was quite surprised to see it.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558494384.477529.jpg

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! I am headed to Myrtle this coming weekend, I love it down there, will be my 2nd trip this year already haha.

HH

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice results. I haven't found a bank to sell me bags, so I'll pick up 4 boxes of dimes later wednesday. I'd be thrilled with those results but happy with much less.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Info - I had never been there but it was really great, we’ll probably go again next year. It was a ton of fun.

Mega - I had done 4 boxes a week for 3 weeks straight, found 7 the first week, 3 the second week, and one the last week, so I switched back to halves. I picked up two boxes the week before vacation and found 3 40%ers and a 1964 when I went to dump, which I had missed apparently, thank goodness for the reject tray!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 4 boxes of dimes were skunks. I was teased by a Merc dime a couple of weeks ago but now the skunks are winning the battle. Will do another 4 boxes of dimes next week to increase my sample size before making a decision.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s rough mega. Dimes are so much work to check and make sure you catch everything. Better luck with next weeks pickup

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Really annoyed by the fact that people pulling mercs is tempting me to try another dime bag, when I know I'll pull a 64 if I'm lucky...

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Rosco, are you telling me you have the option to buy them and you pass them up???

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really annoyed by the fact that people pulling mercs is tempting me to try another dime bag, when I know I'll pull a 64 if I'm lucky...

I understand the sentiment. As we have all experienced, we know there are more unsuccessful searches than successful ones. The unsuccessful searches are not photographed - that's why I show my skunks below in my sig. I am happy for those who make good finds and thankful that they take good photos that might serve to show us the possibilities out there or even inspire us to try something new.

Quietly hating the success of others with good luck is common but I don't see that as healthy or useful.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. I hear you. I guess I’m just surprised, because if they’re at the bank, and I have the money, I’m buying them. I realize that it typically is a crap shoot, for sure, but you just never know.

In November I bought like $400 in cwr halves that I was sure I was just going to go dump in a coin machine, but I wound up with a roll with 16 franklins in it, 20-90% and 4-40% over all.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Rosco, are you telling me you have the option to buy them and you pass them up???

Oh, I can get bags off the machine from my CU whenever they have them, they don't mind. I just don't find dimes as interesting. Silver is nice and all, but I'm in this for Old and Foreign, which are hard to come by in dimes. Love the Mercury ones, gorgeous coin, but only pulled 2 in 110,000 thus far. Just rather spend my time sorting nickels/cents...

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I get it. I don’t find dimes interesting either, I’m just looking for the silver ones. I hear you though. I would probably hunt cents for a living if I could actually pay my bills doing it. Lol

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice little haul.

I was going through 2-$3k in dimes per month for almost 5 years.
Started out with a mix of boxes and cwr. Got to the point where I could search and re-roll a $500 bag of wrapped dimes in about an hour. Not date checking, search and re-roll in well under 10 seconds.

Not all that time consuming, I ended up with thousands of silver dimes including 150+ silver CADs, several dozen mercs and a half dozen Barbers.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s pretty crazy, that’s a lot of dimes, I just like doing them because I feel like you’re always going to find something. I do them in batches of 4 boxes when I buy the boxes, I’ve never been totally skunked. It is a lot of messing around when you only find a couple though.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'll take some hope from that. I just started doing 4 boxes and I was skunked on them this week, except for a single 89-S proof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread