Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to get a box of quarters, they didn't have one. I was able to get $200. They have not been searched yet. As an after thought, I thought I'd ask if they had any halves. Well, both tellers grew smiles a mile wide, the angels sang and the heavens opened up. The one teller said she had $110 and thought she would be STUCK with them forever. Boy, she was ECSTATIC to sell them to me.

At first look, they were freshly wrapped, and all I could think was "rats".

DSCN0370.JPG This is what they looked like.

But then...gasps! I opened them and every last roll had silver in it. I haven't counted them yet, but check it out.

DSCN0371.JPG I also noticed a clipped half! My second clipped one ever, I just got my first one the other day.

MOST of these halves are UNCIRCULATED, with the exception of the walkers. Unreal!

Going to hunt for errors now. I found a 1995 Lincoln Cent DDO and it was pretty...I had it graded and it wound up MS-67. Never know what you'll get even now!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never found a walker. That’s a pretty awesome score, I don’t even think I’ve found 80 silver halves in my entire time doing this

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first big haul is posted here somewhere. It had a bunch of Barbers and a Columbus/Columbia expedition coin in it with mainly Walkers and a few Franklins and then Kennedys.

Second round at the same bank, another branch produced 6 Ike dollars, 6 Peace and 6 Morgans. They actually apologized because they were so dirty.

Third round was this one. They are few and far between.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread