Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently quit searching dimes when the boxes changed to all new 2018's. I'd love to buy bags of dimes - and I assume this requires buying where there is a coin machine. But my banks and the credit unions won't sell bags. Also, it doesn't seem to make sense to buy where I dump in a coin machine, so I'm wondering if you bag buyers have found a branch where you don't dump that will sell you bags?

All advice appreciated! Thanks.

Upvote 0

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Former teller- totally true. The only way to get an ā€˜inā€™ is to make nice with the employees. The one branch that sells to me, there was no relationship building, I just brought in a bunch of change one day to deliberately fill one of the bags, and while the guy was changing them out, I started asking questions in kind of a naive way, and at the end asked, ā€œif I wanted to buy some bags of the change after you take them off because I look through them with my kids, would you do that?ā€ And he couldnā€™t have said yes fast enough. It really just depends on the person youā€™re dealing with

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You donā€™t need a machine to buy dimes.
My five banks kept their dimes turned in by businesses/civilian to the tune of about $1k per month.
$500/1,000 worth in rolls per bank.
Very few banks here (dozens) have coin counters.
They didnā€™t mind my buying and maybe I saved them money.

Thanks. This is exactly what I've started doing in the last two weeks. When they ask how many I want, I reply "as many as you can spare".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread