Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though the bank told me that a competitor had dumps about $500 worth of halves in the bag that I have been watching for almost a year I bought it and did ok

Finished bag

16 40%
7 90%

4 Walkers
2 Franklins
1 Kennedy

ZwYK2qFh.jpg

Upvote 0

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Persistence pays off, congratulations!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice haul and must be a relief from the skunk boxes. Congrats!

This was at a bank with a coin machine that you did not use yourself for dumps? One of my credit unions recently installed a coinstar machine (free for account holders) that does not use bags - so I'm thinking that the smaller dumps I used to make are not as necessary now and I could make large dumps at the coinstar and try to buy the bags where I used to dump (after a while). But how did you "watch" the bag slowly fill? The machines I use require a bank employee to enter a passcode to see how full is the machine and which bags need changing.

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup I never dump at a bank where I get boxes or bags.

The branch manager every time I come in goes over to the machine without my even asking and checks the totals for me and lets me know what they are. I can buy any denomination I want, sometimes I get the dimes or the quarters but always watch the halves. I will be watching to see if the person who did the dump last week comes back making it a dump bank, I hope not.

Also I found 3 $2 Polar Bears (Canadian) I showed the manager and said it is not big deal part of the cost, there is nothing wrong with their machine. She showed me a jar of foreign they have gotten out of the trash bin in the machine and gave me a $2 Polar Bear. Of course even up here in the northeast where we can use canadian quarters, dimes, nickels and pennys just like they are american, they won't take the Loonies or the Polar Bears

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats better than ok Awesome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread