Surprising Half Dollar Box

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few weeks ago, I posted a picture of a box of halves with a Franklin end roll. Unfortunately, that box only also contained a couple of 40% halves.

Normally, i just look at the 50 rolls in the box when I open it and see if there is anything looks interesting, but, for some reason, this week I decided to also flip each of the rolls.

As one might expect : nada, so I now knew that 100 of the 1,000 halves were no good.

At this point, my expectations leaned toward skunk box territory.

Was I ever wrong ...

For the record : 4 Franklin, 5 1964 Kennedy, along with 10 40%

Attachments

• 6-12-19 halves.jpg
    6-12-19 halves.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I do the exact same thing, flip the rolls looking for an ender. Your box was fantastic and happy you got it. Nice finds!!

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a great box! Quite a few in there to have no enders for sure.

I've had three boxes this year with 15 silvers and no enders... Also had a box with four enders and only 13 silvers.

Goes to show that statistics will average out over the long haul even with the odd peaks and valleys... though so far this year I'm averaging 12 silvers per ender instead of the expected 10 with a pretty large sample size. The year's not over yet though!

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice blue! I had a couple of very UNsurprising half dollar boxes yesterday (both skunks).

Nice finds!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A box of halves is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get until you open the box and bite into each piece. Congrats.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would need a diaper if I found a box like that

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread