Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up 3 boxes of halves at my usual pickup bank. First box extended my skunk streak to 13 boxes. These were Dunbar wrappers and I have never found a silver coin in a Dunbar wrapped roll.

IMG_1114.jpg

Box #2 had white wrappers with black lettering and these occasionally produce silver. These 4 WL are a new record for us. Previously, my wife found 3 WL halves in a box in October and I followed that with 3 in November. Walking back into the bank to pick up my last box, I found myself behind a guy depositing some old looking rolls so I bought all 25 of them and found the 1923 Merc and 1951 Rosie.

IMG_1117.jpg

One of the ladies was even an ender, my first WL Ender:

IMG_1113.jpg

Box 3 was the same kind of rolls but a skunk.

Upvote 0

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...….easier than digging.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Who knows what the original DUMP was like when it went into a coin counter at some bank. Mega silver I'll bet. Nice find, congrats.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows what the original DUMP was like when it went into a coin counter at some bank. Mega silver I'll bet. Nice find, congrats.

Thanks Dozer. I pick up 3 more boxes tomorrow so maybe the rest of the dump will be there. Hope springs eternal, right?

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The 3 boxes after this produced no silver, but did produce my second 74-D DDO, 2 87-D - only my second and third of that date, and 8 clad proofs. And best of all, no Dunbar rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread