Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to the Royal Canadian Mint in Winnipeg during our family road trip. I think I caught a fever while I was there...and the only prescription is more coin roll hunting!

Picked up a dime box today in a state that I've lived in now for about 11 months. Anyway, three rolls in...BAM! First CRHing find in 5.5yrs! Ended up getting 3 keepers outta the box. Quantity good, quality not so much: 1964 and 1964Dx2. Like I said, don't call it a comeback - there's a lot that goes into starting a CRH operation from the ground up, but a good start nonetheless. Still have 9 holes to fill in my 1946-64 book...

IMAG1822.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, progress was made today. Opened up an account with apparently the only bank in town with a coin counter. Almost thought I was going to have to re-roll every coin. Are coin counters getting phased out? Also, not seeing clear rolls anymore. Are those a thing of the past as well?

Today's results:
Dump bank acct - opened
Dime Box - skunk
$40 MWR Dimes - skunk

Edit: Also, coin counter at dump bank had $1.11 and a Bahamas quarter in reject tray. Good potential there...

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area, only credit unions still have coin machines.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Sleepy sounds like you’re back in! Haha! I am in upstate NY, and there are two large CUs with coin machines in every branch. When I lived down in the Charlotte area I think there was one CU that had them, but no one else in town did, so they were very few
And far between. Needless to say I stopped hunting when I lived there.

Anyway, welcome back and good luck

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of the banks have to pay a "lease rental charge" on coin machines, so to cut costs they attempt to take customer wrap rolls and hope that everyone can COUNT., thus eliminate the rental, not have to order as much, and a constant flow of incoming rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread