eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically this. https://goldprice.org/news/gold-price-recap-july-8-12

The feds are looking to cut interest rates not necessarily due to a weak dollar as I understand it but more to do with global economic factors. So we have a mix of strong dollar value and slightly better gold/silver value (silver is still way low in my view 90/1 ratio today)
I'm with Diver I don't expect much to happen soon well see if it cracks $20/oz.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be good I do think down the road 10 years or so it will be way higher due to technology uses. and stability of it compared to the Dollar

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is happening in the price of silver in the past 2-weeks that is causing such a rise. As of 1pm NY, @ $15.93/oz today 7/17/19.
Let it climb, bring it on, about time.

IMO, unless you are needing/wanting to sell, a jump in price is a bad thing. I wish it would drop back into the single digits for a few years.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if this current price rise is like the ones in the recent past, it'll last for only a short time and prices will drop once again. I'd like to see $4 silver for awhile so that I could buy a load at a bottom end price. When it becomes time for me to sell then I want to see it at $50 per ounce.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16 going to 50!!!.... Well one can hope anyways.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the cheapest that silver has been in nearly 3 decades - if you are buying it with gold that is.

As eman says, the ratio is 90:1. You haven't been able to get 90oz of silver for each oz of gold anytime this century (since around 1992 it seems). The ratio came close in 2016, but did not go over 90.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember when the price of silver skyrocketed, boy I made a lot of money! :icon_thumleft: Love to see it one more time in my life! :dontknow:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it went to 4 dollars I would buy a ton of it too. Gotta wait and see what this crazy world does then see what happens

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is happening in the price of silver in the past 2-weeks that is causing such a rise. As of 1pm NY, @ $15.93/oz today 7/17/19.
Let it climb, bring it on, about time.

Well, today it's $16.40. I believed all the BS when it was in the $30+ range and bought 2000 ozs. My average price per oz is now $24 so I have a long way to go to break even. The gold I bought averaged $1320 so now I'm ahead of the game. Wished I bought gold instead of silver.... Silver should do go for awhile and will lead gold.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, today it's $16.40. I believed all the BS when it was in the $30+ range and bought 2000 ozs. My average price per oz is now $24 so I have a long way to go to break even. The gold I bought averaged $1320 so now I'm ahead of the game. Wished I bought gold instead of silver.... Silver should do go for awhile and will lead gold.
We must have bought at the same time lol

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of my silver is the $50.00 stuff. I've been patient for over 30 years - and I AM still patient. I've the time OR my kids do :)

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had friend tell me three weeks ago silver was ready to go. He was trying to tell me what he was seeing but
if you don't have it to invest you don't have it. :dontknow: :sad10: :crybaby2: :BangHead: :censored:

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had friend tell me three weeks ago silver was ready to go. He was trying to tell me what he was seeing but
if you don't have it to invest you don't have it. :dontknow: :sad10: :crybaby2: :BangHead: :censored:

The time to have invested lately in silver was last year when it was $11. I bought some to average out my stash. I wish now I bought more to lower my average to $15

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The time to have invested lately in silver was last year when it was $11. I bought some to average out my stash. I wish now I bought more to lower my average to $15
Sorry, but phys silver has not come close to an $11 low in several years. If you have been buying at that price, lucky.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but phys silver has not come close to an $11 low in several years. If you have been buying at that price, lucky.

You are right it was 2009 when silver was $11. I bought some little by little when the price dropped to average out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when it hits $4.00 I'll start Buying & Selling at $1500...maybe $750

In the Meantime I only take it for free out the Ground, and give them to my Nephew

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread