My first shot at coin roll hunting

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had known about this for a long time but not that many banks in Ak to check. My mate and I were bumming around in the US, had visited my cousin at his place on Pine Is Fla we drove up the coastal area and entered Ala. Don't remember the name of the small town now as this was in the late 80s.. I stopped at a small local bank and bought a roll of halves.. Got out to my truck opened the roll and yikes I started choking almost, lol the first thing I saw was a nice nice Walker I showed her and walked, trotted, no, ran back in and got the rest of their half rolls...lots of silver and never again did I have luck like that.. was a real kick to have done that, I think back now and really wonder why we went that way, picked that bank, but we had some fun on that trip..

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does happen from time to time. This April was the last time for me. Got four full rolls of 40% Kennedy's and a couple 90% ers also.

OP
OP
A

alaskaseeker

Jun 22, 2019
Ak,Tn
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes and time flies, my cousin and mate are both gone now....

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's like winning the lottery these days but there out there

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread