Selling AG to major bullion house
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Selling AG to major bullion house

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2012
    2447 times
    Coin roll hunting

Selling AG to major bullion house

I'm looking for the pros & cons from any of you hunters out there that have physically dealth with? ( I.e. J M Bullion, Apmex, Provident etc ).
    As you all know, I have to start dumping & selling off my silver & collections due to economic reasons, so I'm hoping to find where I can get the best BUCK possible.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1589 times
    Dozer, you have asked for input in the past on the matter, but I would encourage you to buy a Charter Membership and sell on TNet Classifieds. When it comes to junk silver, we all know what the market value is. Selling to large bullion dealers will never get you full melt. Selling on TNet, there are buyers that pay melt.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22880 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Diver_down is correct. The big guys will still lowball you, and you better have dozens of pounds of metal to get their attention.

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett Ace 400 Garrett Pro Pointer
    2085 times
    Metal Detecting
    When buying or selling I always do business at coin shows.
    Jimoutside, A2coins and Megalodon like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17632 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I've still some $50 silver from the early 80's. I have zero plans to sell any, it'll all go to my kids. I probably have 40 lbs or more, much more. I need a stronger carry box to transport it......

I'm not worried, this was a lifetime accumulation, and the Hunt Brothers still screwed me early on. But I held on through all these years.

I also have a very strong investment in 12 gauge double 00 buck, so don't come up here looking to see it. I'll show you my "friends"
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22880 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Deepseeker, you and I have some of the same friends, but I only have a few rolls. Not much. I've been downsizing for years.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17632 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Deepseeker, you and I have some of the same friends, but I only have a few rolls. Not much. I've been downsizing for years.
    Smokey my friend, I should have downsized years ago, but really never saw any reason to divest. I'm still believing, after all these years = there will be a comeback.

Duh!!! Wasn't I stupid enough from the beginning just to believe the Hunt Brothers?

Edit: There'll be people up here for years following my passing just looking for the goodies they'll never find.

I have told my kids where to look.
    Last edited by DeepseekerADS; Jul 20, 2019 at 07:52 PM.
    A2coins likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22880 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have absolutely nothing hidden. For real. The good stuff is at the safe deposit box at the bank, so the bad guys won't get that. Heck, there's not enough here to support even a low end druggie! I switched from precious metals to decorative dishes (old, old ones) a long time ago. The mineral collection is 95% gone, Rev War stuff 90% gone, shed is empty except for 3 tools and a ladder, attic is empty, basement has a few tools, a couple ice chests, a few old chairs, and you could play blind man's bluff and not run into anything down there. Ididn't include the monitored CCTV cameras, secondary monitored security system, 5 cats to trip people and the fire breathing dragon and moat outside.

Upstairs, every few days a couple more useless items go. I haven been getting some nice books though.

BTW it took 4 YEARS to get that dragon big enough to do the fire thing! And it eats a lot!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    17632 times
    Smokey, one of my greatest "traits" over the years has been paranoia. In the mid 60's both my stepfather and his stepfather advised me to "accumulate". I've followed that advice all through these years. I've certainly been a dumbsh*t many times along the way - but they also advised me to put it away "until needed someday".

For simple folk, they were certainly correct - after all, they'd witnessed the depression. They "knew" money may be worthless someday.

And, that projection is still true to date.

I've never been the brightest bulb, but they taught me paranoia they'd gained through the depression. I was smart enough to believe.

HOPEFULLY
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1034 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer D View Post
    I'm looking for the pros & cons from any of you hunters out there that have physically dealth with? ( I.e. J M Bullion, Apmex, Provident etc ).
    As you all know, I have to start dumping & selling off my silver & collections due to economic reasons, so I'm hoping to find where I can get the best BUCK possible.
    As others have stated, you will do better financially selling directly to the consumer rather than going through a middle man. I think its very likely that you could likely sell all you want on this very forum. Also, I haven't looked in a few years, but you used to be able to net close to melt (even after ~13% in selling/PayPal fees) on ebay as silver tended to bring over melt price in auctions. Don't hold me to that one still being true today - I haven't checked, nor do I even know if the fees are still ~13%.

Another thing to consider is safety. When selling directly to someone (unless you know them) you deal with the possibility of being robbed, followed home and robbed later, and/or various other possible bad scenarios and outcomes. Even if you're shipping the silver, the package must include a return address. If you go this route, take every precaution you can think of and ask on here for more. Good luck.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Mar 2012
    The Constitution State
    Garrett Ace 350 Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
    164 times
    CRH, Tag Sale Hunting
    I've sold to Provident a number of times. Easy transactions, firm buy prices. Very close to spot normally. You can call and in the next 5 minutes have a locked-in purchase price, ship them out, and wait for money to show up.
    A2coins and fistfulladirt like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    27949 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I always hope and believe silver will go up so I buy silver bars when I have some extra cash and put them in my safety deposit box I have many from over the years for my kids 30 years from now ish I pay about 21 dollars for the apmex or Mattheys bars and if you look on ebay they sell thousands of them if you posted on the
    charter classifieds 1 let me know B Im sure you would find many people willing to buy we all save silver and spend lots of time looking for it and we invest in it also. Tommy
    DeepseekerADS likes this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2602 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I have absolutely nothing hidden. For real. The good stuff is at the safe deposit box at the bank, so the bad guys won't get that. Heck, there's not enough here to support even a low end druggie! I switched from precious metals to decorative dishes (old, old ones) a long time ago. The mineral collection is 95% gone, Rev War stuff 90% gone, shed is empty except for 3 tools and a ladder, attic is empty, basement has a few tools, a couple ice chests, a few old chairs, and you could play blind man's bluff and not run into anything down there. Ididn't include the monitored CCTV cameras, secondary monitored security system, 5 cats to trip people and the fire breathing dragon and moat outside.

Upstairs, every few days a couple more useless items go. I haven been getting some nice books though.

BTW it took 4 YEARS to get that dragon big enough to do the fire thing! And it eats a lot!
    It’s interesting that many still don’t trust the banks for safe keeping. It could be because break-ins to bank safe deposits still occur, legal or not. Some would feel safer keeping their valuables inside a common gym locker, than in a bank.
    A2coins and DeepseekerADS like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    5593 times
    I like the charter membership and selling here. I am a buyer of these things but have got away from buying from ebay and similar places. Keep me posted if you decide to sell here....
    A2coins and fistfulladirt like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    17632 times
    Anybody see a "Sell" signal? I don't.

In the mean time I still occasionally dig silver - adding to the pile. We don't dig in the dirt for clad - that adds up too, but we tingle with delight when we dig something that comes out looking sweet and clean
    A2coins likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links