Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The top layer of 25 rolls was removed. That layer had no enders but in the first 12 rolls, I have found a '64 and a '67. This is the view of the second layer of 25 rolls:

IMG_1266.jpg

Not the best pic - sorry 'bout that.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One dead center? Just a guess, I can't see squat anymore. And Squat knows it.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One dead center? Just a guess, I can't see squat anymore. And Squat knows it.

The pic has a terrible reflection. There is a 1969 in the middle row, first roll.

Still have 13 rolls to go - but best box in very long time: 2-1964, 1967, 1968, 2-1969, a magician coin and the best, a 1952 Booker T Washington Commem, my first.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told 'ya I couldn't see squat.

That makes two of us. I have cheap reading glasses just for CRH, another pair that is supposed to be in single vision focus at about 5-8' just for fossil hunting, my driving tri-focals...

Have an appt for eye exam friday. Last time I was there, I dumped a bag of fossil shark teeth on the floor and said - I want to see those clearly. Oddly enough, the doc said it was the first time anyone had dumped shark teeth on the floor...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctors...my surgeon gave me to the go ahead to "do anything I wanted". Brouhaha...brouhaha...brouhaha.

Now, what to do? Crops are up, bees are out, 85 to 90 degrees plus!

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished the box with that ender. In addition to the 1952 Booker T Washington (looks circulated), there were 10 silver Kennedy halves:
3x1964, 2x1967, 2x1968, 3x1969.

Best box in over 6 months.

IMG_1267.jpg

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! And from a Brinks box no less!!!

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! And from a Brinks box no less!!!

It was a nice surprise! After 13 consecutive skunk boxes, I found a different bank that would order boxes and when they came in last week, I had high expectations because they were Loomis boxes. But they too were both skunks. My regular order of 3 Brinks boxes at my regular local bank was delayed due to the bank getting an interior remodel. They arrived on Saturday and the head teller called me to let me know they were in - reaching me before I turned off my phone at an outdoor wedding in MA. (The guy sitting next to me had his phone out showing 103 with a heat index of 113.) Perhaps the heat had gotten to me because I reduced my standing order from 3 to 2 boxes. Naturally, when I got back to MD, I picked up the 3 boxes monday morning and two of those three boxes produced silver, including a nice '52 Franklin. Then my 2 box order came in today. This was the first box and I still have one more. Out of the brain addling heat, I restored my standing order to 3 boxes - before knowing this would be my second best box of the year.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice mega! I had a 9 box skunk streak broken last Friday. I am taking some time off from doing boxes of halves. Very cool on the booker t!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That makes two of us. I have cheap reading glasses just for CRH, another pair that is supposed to be in single vision focus at about 5-8' just for fossil hunting, my driving tri-focals...

Have an appt for eye exam friday. Last time I was there, I dumped a bag of fossil shark teeth on the floor and said - I want to see those clearly. Oddly enough, the doc said it was the first time anyone had dumped shark teeth on the floor...
3 of us lol. Good luck on the rest every one has their good day your turn today

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 of us lol. Good luck on the rest every one has their good day your turn today

Thanks A2, Second box produced a single 1967 - but no disappointment possible after that first box!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread