Quick little score today

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped at my weekly stop to pick up the only cent box order that I have left, I feel like the cent boxes produce more wheats than the bags I get do so I keep the $50 per week order.

Anyway, I asked if they had halves, which I normally donā€™t. And the teller said she had $2.50 worth and said to wait for her to finish up with her customer and sheā€™d sell them to me.

So I waited even though I figured there was nothing good to be had.

Not moving mountains, but still picked up 2 40%ers, which was a nice little surprise.

This weeks bag of dimes yielded 3 Rosieā€™s and a silver CAD. Iā€™m at a 1 silver per $200-$250 average with dimes, which I guess technically is a good average, but itā€™s an AWFUL lot of work to search all of those dimes to find 4-5 coins.

Anyway, good luck to all!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564098515.463896.jpg

Upvote 0

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uncle Slick, searching dime rolls locating silver is a tough endeavor, would recommend sticking with .50 coins. A whole hell of a lot easier to find silver. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Dimes are definitely rough to search, but obtaining them and disposing of them, for me anyway, is far easier than halves, so I feel ā€˜obligatedā€™ to search them.. haha, maybe thatā€™s part of the disease šŸ¤Ŗ

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as it's fun there's always silver out there

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember that a 40% half is just a little over 2-silver dimes, 5-dimes to a 90% half. That's why I had always stuck to dimes, cuz I didn't want to go thru dozens of skunk half dollar boxes. Silver is silver, whatever way you can find it.

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score - can't go wrong with 2 out of 5, and the remaining 3 are a cinch to dump. I am totally with you - I never search boxes of halves - too low of a hit rate % for the volume searched, and more importantly I have a hard time disposing of them. CWR and teller loose halves work for me. While I find less total silver volume than others here, the hit rate is much higher. For the year so far I have searched $804 of halves and have found 27 silvers, of which 17 are 40%, 6 are 1964, 3 are Franklins, and 1 Walker. Having been searching halves for 20+ years, this has been a tough year - no roll with multiple silvers in it. Best results for me this year have been from teller trays.

While dimes are tough, I get about the same hit rate as you - give or take one per $200, and they are easy to dump. Over the several days, searched $450 in dimes and got 2 silver FDRs.

Got this score today in $6 of teller tray halves.

1964 half 7-27.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread