solid rolls best find of 2019 (so far) with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I was working in Yellow Springs, OH last week, I stopped a a bank downtown, the only teller workng had just 2 rolls. I bought them. They ended up be two solid silver rolls, the first roll was all 40%, the second was the best roll of halves I have opened in 11 years of Coin Roll Hunting.:hello2: Solid 90% silver, 10 Walking Liberties and 10 Bens.

I needed 3 of the Walking Liberties for my found in the wild book, 1942, 1946 and 1943s
I needed 2 of the Bens, 1951, 1954s 12 coins left to complete the book.

Yep it is still out there.

Keep on searching
Dad and Tanner,

PS I stopped the the banks a second time after work, 2 new tellers were working one had 100 in halves, They had the same brown wrappers. It looked promising but they were all clad.

Attachments

• solid roll.JPG
    solid roll.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 111
  • sold roll close up.JPG
    sold roll close up.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 94
  • solid roll franklin.JPG
    solid roll franklin.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Incredible find! Huge congratulations on what will surely be one of the highlights of your CRHing career. Yeah, a solid roll of bens and walkers will help fill some holes with a quickness...how many walkers left?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I was working in Yellow Springs, OH last week, I stopped a a bank downtown, the only teller workng had just 2 rolls. I bought them. They ended up be two solid silver rolls, the first roll was all 40%, the second was the best roll of halves I have opened in 11 years of Coin Roll Hunting.:hello2: Solid 90% silver, 10 Walking Liberties and 10 Bens.

I needed 3 of the Walking Liberties for my found in the wild book, 1942, 1946 and 1943s
I needed 2 of the Bens, 1951, 1954s 12 coins left to complete the book.

Yep it is still out there.

Keep on searching
Dad and Tanner,

PS I stopped the the banks a second time after work, 2 new tellers were working one had 100 in halves, They had the same brown wrappers. It looked promising but they were all clad.
there had to be a good luck charm involved there. TOOOOO GOOOOOD ! will your luck carry on ? keep us posted.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rolls of dreams!

I've always associated Yellow Springs with the quality Yellow Springs Instruments (YSI) salinity, dissolved oxygen, conductivity and pH meters I've used for over 40 years. Now I'll associate it with these dream rolls too.

Congrats!

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Wow, that sure looks good to us, glad you were able to get them off the street...Big grin!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats how cool is that I would have gone back for dimes and quarters in case someone dumped a bunch of coins there lol killer find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread