3 bags of quarters

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I never hunt quarters, but when I was at my pick up spot yesterday I got the ā€œyou been finding anything good lately, thereā€™s been this older guy whose parents died I think, and heā€™s been bringing in and getting rid of all of this change lately.ā€

So I picked up the dimes and 7 bags of cents they had and went home. The dimes produced 6 Rosieā€™s which is a little better than normal so I was happy with that. They also had 3 bags of quarters, which normally I wouldnā€™t waste my time, but since the manager said that, of course I wouldnā€™t be able to sleep for the rest of the week if I didnā€™t get them.

So this morning I picked them up. Sure enough, all a bust except for this one. 1944, never found one of these before so I was happy with it, but an awful lot of messing around for just this..

Oh well I guess, good luck to all!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564596694.101619.jpg

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score I'm waiting for the day I'm being some really old folks who have boxes of rolled coins in the old wrappers I'll offer them double and boom lol. Ya never know

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Good score I'm waiting for the day I'm being some really old folks who have boxes of rolled coins in the old wrappers I'll offer them double and boom lol. Ya never know

Your comment made me think of the time a few decades ago that I was issued a trespass warning. One of those traveling coin buyers had posted an advertisement that they were going to be in the local store for the weekend. I went and parked watching for people carrying a shoebox/heavy bags. I would approach them before they went in and told them that I would pay more than the buyer inside. A few took me up on my offer, but a few passed on by and went inside. The buyer got wind of me buying up the goods and complained to the management of the store. Management called the police and they issued me a trespass warning. I still got the goods as I passed out my name/number to those that did let me buy. They passed along my information to others.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your comment made me think of the time a few decades ago that I was issued a trespass warning. One of those traveling coin buyers had posted an advertisement that they were going to be in the local store for the weekend. I went and parked watching for people carrying a shoebox/heavy bags. I would approach them before they went in and told them that I would pay more than the buyer inside. A few took me up on my offer, but a few passed on by and went inside. The buyer got wind of me buying up the goods and complained to the management of the store. Management called the police and they issued me a trespass warning. I still got the goods as I passed out my name/number to those that did let me buy. They passed along my information to others.
Thats a good story I saw a post the other day where a tnetter went to a bank next to an old folks home and scored big. When I was a kid there were coin companies that would send you coins and it was very hard to stop them from sending them with a bill. and stamps lol Littleton coin company still is like that. I keep getting letters emails ect.

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Iā€™m still holding out for the ā€˜hugeā€™ score. Iā€™ve had a couple pretty awesome finds just this past 9 months since I started up again. Guess thatā€™s what keeps this going, never know when youā€™re gonna be in the right place at the right time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread