Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after a wasted day of diggin' I recalled my desperate need for paper towels. the cost was $.98 and $1.06 with the tax.

being a never carry change type, I hand the "always" cashier $2.

my change of 94 cents is all shiny 2019 coins--- gotta love clean money:happysmiley:

in the quest for errors-- I check the newly found metal discs...... and, the last quarter is........................

YUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!-------- you guessed it..........................

IMG_9409.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG

now, ------ that..... is a GREAT VALUE:happysmiley:

thinkin' maybe go back & ask to buy a few rolls:dontknow::laughing7:

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work in the “always” Pharmacy- I look thru the till every morning. I have found 4 Ws in the last month.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet man! I just got my first full roll of 2019s. All P mint though.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Another use of plain white paper towels....

Though I haven't tried this in years. Into the early 80's I'd occasionally run across silver coins in change. I'd pick up a bunch of rolls at the bank.

Empty a roll on the table and immediately place a sheet over the pile of coins...... SILVER shined like a spotlight under the towel, and the clad turned dark. Searching rolls went pretty quickly rather than have to look at each and every coin.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I work in the “always” Pharmacy- I look thru the till every morning. I have found 4 Ws in the last month.

Have you found all that have been released? Or are you finding multiples of the same? I'm missing the War in the Pacific. Tomorrow is the day that I plan on binging on some boxes.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you found all that have been released? Or are you finding multiples of the same? I'm missing the War in the Pacific. Tomorrow is the day that I plan on binging on some boxes.

I’ve found about 20 total Ws (most from boxes). Probably about 13-15 Lowell, 5 or 6 American Memorial, and a lone War.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another use of plain white paper towels....

Though I haven't tried this in years. Into the early 80's I'd occasionally run across silver coins in change. I'd pick up a bunch of rolls at the bank.

Empty a roll on the table and immediately place a sheet over the pile of coins...... SILVER shined like a spotlight under the towel, and the clad turned dark. Searching rolls went pretty quickly rather than have to look at each and every coin.
I gotta try that

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida here, no luck with W at all, even got 500 from the bank of all new rolls, 2019 p every last one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking quarter! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread