Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to make a deposit, so went to one of the two regular banks I use. As an afterthought, I asked about halves and they said they had $110 worth. I had to wait 20 minutes for the lady with the keys to the vault to come back. I got four! IMG_0673.JPG

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afterthought!

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey, how do you do it? Do you ask to go thru them all right there or do you just buy them and cash in the dummy's after you've gone they then at home?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROIguy, I just buy whatever they have-all of them. I take them home, go through them, then if it's a small amount spend them. (OH, the looks you get at the fast food joints!) or deposit them, like if $100 or less, if more than $100 at a time, I just put them through the coin machine at my credit union, it's free there.

I generally take the funds out of my credit card, there is no fee at my bank for that, then redeposit the coins through the coin counter there.

No interest from day 1 at my particular credit union. I also look for errors, sometimes, I found two clipped halves and two 1972 Double Die obverses this year and if I remember correctly a bicentennial silver, hard to get, and a 1974-d DDO.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Especially since I didn't even spend 10 cents in gas going to the convenience store for a soda waiting for the lady to come back.

rangermsg1

Jun 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! Had similar success today. Picked up a CWR today. Had 65, 66, 67 x2, 68 plus 3 Benjis (51 x2 and 61). Also had a 79 proof and the 86 commemorative proof.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got four more, I guess I got them the other day and forgot about it. Went through $500 yesterday and got nothing. One of the "other missing" four was a 64. I lose stuff...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions