Follow up to Barber box

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Was out of town all weekend, finally had a chance to pick up my two box order on the way to work. Not going to have a chance to look through them until I get home from work, but I did glance inside the two boxes. First did not look too good, second one I see this:

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1566834983.901426.jpg

Considering the boxes I got from this bank last week contained the 1903-0 Barber half, I’d say this is a good sign!

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow always someone else lol

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too shabby for an ender. Let us know the final count. Maybe the twins have a few more sisters.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very promising! Good luck with that box.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FormerTeller

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Final tally: 8 Walking Liberties, 1 Franklin, and 2 40% Kennedy’s. The WL’s were almost all from the 30’s in VF to XF condition, with the 1934 in AU.

It’s still out there!

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Final tally: 8 Walking Liberties, 1 Franklin, and 2 40% Kennedy’s. The WL’s were almost all from the 30’s in VF to XF condition, with the 1934 in AU.

It’s still out there!

Wow, what a box! :icon_thumright: AU, that's incredible for a CRH find. Would love to see a pic or two, when able.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! That is a stunning ratio of WL halves to later silver halves for CRH. Did those 8 all come from the one box showing the enders or is it your total for two boxes? Either way, it is a remarkable recovery of coins of one of the most beautiful designs and in nice grades. An AU Walker - incredible!

I'll pick up two boxes later this afternoon. You have set the bar pretty high!

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Walkers I find are lower grade than these. When I open a roll and hold the coins on edge, the edges of the Walkers are always more worn, with reeding sometimes nearly gone, color more dull gray than bright silver, and seemingly with more rounded and thinner rim edges, as compared to the more square edges of the Kennedy halves. Same is true with the Franklins, but not as severe as with the Walkers. When you held these by the edge, were you able to say "here's a Walker" before pulling it out like we can with the worn Walkers? Its been so long since I've seen a high grade walker that I can't remember what the rims look like!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread