Skunk box equals a solid roll????

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Picked up 2 particularly skunk half boxes. They've been pretty rough lately. Was dumping them at one of my primary dump banks and cashing out when I see all the way back in the drive through teller tray a stack of silver halves. I know all the tellers her and it's slow so I ask her over and ask if she's keeping the halves in her tray, she says know and that some of them are silver if I want them. I hand her $11 and she hands me 22 AU 40%ers. I somehow forget to ask if she has any rolls or larger dollar coins which is crazy because I've been doing this was too long to make that mistake. Either way I'll check again next week and see. Was a nice topper to a set of horrible boxes.

Also nice I stopped at the local coin shop on the way home and grabbed an 1878-CC Morgan dollar for nearly $1 UNDER melt. Has graffiti on the face but still, for UNDER melt I couldn't get the money out fast enough.

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the 40% halves. My 2 boxes yesterday were also skunks and my tellers had no halves, as usual. IMO, one of the reasons to continue to pick up boxes that rarely produce silver is the opportunity that tellers might have some loose silver halves. And of course, occasionally a box surprises you too.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You earned those keepers glad to hear. My turn next lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread