silver/gold ratio thoughts?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Instead of watching regular news at night, I like to watch the Bloomberg channel with financial info, esp the price of gold & silver, starting with ASIA then Europe. Hope to see it hit $20 this week, plus more thereafter.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I was pleasantly surprised to see that silver hit $19.50/ounce today, then noted that the silver/gold ratio is right at 80 - 79.4 to be precise. I'm pretty sure the ratio got well over 80 within the last few weeks. Anybody got any predictions on what will happen next?

:happy1:

Few weeks ago the ratio was over 85:1. If you look at historical data, every single time the ratio has surpassed 85:1, major moved followed which we've begun to see over the past week or so. Last checked Tuesday and the ration has corrected to 80.5:1. Personally I just added 1100oz of silver, and some Rhodium and other metals to my hoard. I see silver +20 by the end of the week, and +30 in the very near future. Personally I'll be selling half my stack at $30/oz (silver) and $8700/oz (rhodium), and will be holding out on the other half for $45-50 and $10,000+ respectively. I think the next 18 months are going to be a crucial time for metals with everything going on economically, politically, and globally. I am also expecting to see ~$2000/oz gold, ~$2500/oz pt, ~$3500/oz palladium, $10l+/oz rhodium. No way to say for sure, but I like the idea of holding metal over paper. Or keeping my money in an essentially negative interest rate bank account. You cannot lose holding metals, the only thing would be if you got scared and sold to soon, or needed some money for bills/other expenses. Just my 2c, we will see what will happen.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm waiting for the ratios to close so I can convert my silver to gold, maybe sell a portion.
Platinum has been rising but I look for it to fall again when things fully crash. The money metals will keep rising as our dollars lose purchasing power of course.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ratio is interesting, but "historical data" can no longer be trusted as foolproof as all markets are now controlled by speculation and manipulation rather than by supply and demand. For an example, look at the historical price of platinum vs. gold. Platinum is both more rare and more expensive to mine than gold, and until recently, always was worth more than gold. Does that mean that platinum is now a fantastic buy? Does that mean gold is overpriced? Both? Neither? Who knows?

It very well may be a great time to invest heavily in precious metals, but I personally believe relying solely on "historical data" as the main basis for doing such is a tad bit unwise. All I know for sure is that I won't again miss an opportunity to unload all of my silver at $40+ should I ever get another opportunity.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im liking it hope it keeps going

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread