Silver is almost back to $20. Time to reboot the ol network.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Silver is almost back to $20. Time to reboot the ol network.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2012
    331 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Silver is almost back to $20. Time to reboot the ol' network.

Ran to a few banks and placed orders for $5,000 in halves this morning. After a few years off, it'll be nice to get back to the half searching grind!

Any other old timers coming back now with rising silver prices?

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    337 times
    Looks like a good time to get back in the game. I'm too busy with coaching 4 days a week plus games for 2 sports. Early summer is my only chance to CRH for the next few years and I prefer to just dirt fish...more relaxing. I'll probably get back into it once my kids are older. GL and HH BigScores!

Owassokie
    FormerTeller likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1615 times
    I never left. 35+ years of hunting. I haven't searched halves since April of this year as I have dedicated all my hunting efforts on the West Point Quarters. I've been selling them as I find them except for the few that land in my Do Not Sell tube. It has been the most profitable hunting for some time. I'll resume my half orders in November to tap into the Christmas Silver.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    337 times
    Diver Down. I'm curious how many silver quarters you've found while hunting the west point quarters. Have you found any silver dumps?
    A2coins likes this.

Aug 2012
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down View Post
    I never left. 35+ years of hunting. I haven't searched halves since April of this year as I have dedicated all my hunting efforts on the West Point Quarters. I've been selling them as I find them except for the few that land in my Do Not Sell tube. It has been the most profitable hunting for some time. I'll resume my half orders in November to tap into the Christmas Silver.
    I can't bring myself to look at new quarters, let alone every mint mark. That would drive me nuts. Good work though! I've heard its quite profitable.

With a kid of my own these days, it's tough to find the time to roll hunt much, but the wife understands that $20 silver won't last forever and I have to get out there while the getting is good.
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jul 2013
    SoCal
    335 times
    Garage Sales/ CRH
    Would love to see the oldtimers like Tim 50 SM and SW come back, but I'm not sure we will.
    Even with prices going higher, banks have become more of a pain to work with, and are adding fees, restrictions, etc, etc. I would love to be able to order 5k in halves from a few branches and get back into it, but its just not feasible anymore.
    I still frequently talk to a number of these guys, and I know a lot of them are investing in metals pretty heavily right now, the next few months are going to be a very interesting time.
    goldenwonderbear and A2coins like this.
    You're never know it all... Keep an open mind and keep learning.

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/jewelryandwatchoutlet

^ Putting myself through college, wish me luck

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Owassokie View Post
    Diver Down. I'm curious how many silver quarters you've found while hunting the west point quarters. Have you found any silver dumps?
    Surprisingly, my first box in April when the new issues hit the system, I pulled 3 silver quarters. None since. I never hunted quarters before with any regularity so I chalked it up to "beginner's luck" even though I'm an old veteran roll hunter. But I have pulled 67 of the Lowell West Point ATB Quarters with an average selling price of $10/each. Still hoping to pull a new box of the San Antonio as they have just hit the system.
    A2coins likes this.

Aug 2012
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Would love to see the oldtimers like Tim 50 SM and SW come back, but I'm not sure we will.
    Even with prices going higher, banks have become more of a pain to work with, and are adding fees, restrictions, etc, etc. I would love to be able to order 5k in halves from a few branches and get back into it, but its just not feasible anymore.
    I still frequently talk to a number of these guys, and I know a lot of them are investing in metals pretty heavily right now, the next few months are going to be a very interesting time.
    Why, so Tim can run around insulting me and calling my finds fake? Nah, he can stay gone.
    A2coins likes this.

Expert CRH'er/ Newb Dirt Fisherman

Oct 2012
    Fema Region 3
    NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
    822 times
    Im more into metal detecting than CRH at the moment as a side hobby but ive been thinking about it often as well haha. Good luck and HH
    A2coins likes this.
    “Truth is treason in the empire of lies.” - Ron Paul

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1297 times
    Bigscores, let us know how you do. A $5000 pickup. That's 250 lbs of coins folks. How does one dump 10 boxes I post when I get a good box and I haven't posted in so long i forgot when I last posted lol. Good luck.
    A2coins likes this.

Aug 2012
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommybuckets View Post
    Bigscores, let us know how you do. A $5000 pickup. That's 250 lbs of coins folks. How does one dump 10 boxes I post when I get a good box and I haven't posted in so long i forgot when I last posted lol. Good luck.
    Bags. Take bags to a dump bank.

Will post how I do.
    Tradertom and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1615 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscores View Post
    Bags. Take bags to a dump bank.

Will post how I do.
    Many of the newer hunters are not familiar with volume hunting. I tell them to look back through the forum and there are numerous hunters that moved volume. SilverCop moved 20 boxes a week and had one of the more notable skunk streaks that I can remember. Hunting 20 boxes a week and going 3 months without a single keeper has to be a record.
    A2coins likes this.

Aug 2012
    331 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver_Down View Post
    Many of the newer hunters are not familiar with volume hunting. I tell them to look back through the forum and there are numerous hunters that moved volume. SilverCop moved 20 boxes a week and had one of the more notable skunk streaks that I can remember. Hunting 20 boxes a week and going 3 months without a single keeper has to be a record.
    A similar streak busted me out last time around, combined with silver dropping. I think I went two months at 20-24 boxes a week and was finding like 2 40%ers a week. I've seen finds from my area (I moved away from NYC) and they have had silver so I think I'll be alright.

I know NF String is legit sorting out silver now if its rolled at their facility in Harrisburg, and I'm relatively close to them, so that is a concern for me...

us
    Electrical Archaeologist

Jan 2015
    Sonoma County,Ca
    MXT ALL PRO
    36 times
    If you are going to buy silver, don't buy half dollars. the half dollars are not pure silver. check your dates.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17978 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I just don't know. The last day or so, I'm lucky to actually be logged on right now.. I have reached out to friends for an answer......
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links