This place is a dump!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Tommybuckets
  • 2 Post By CJ9

Thread: This place is a dump!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1328 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

This place is a dump!

It seems there are halves everywhere! The only problem is they are dumped searched boxes. I guess with the price jump people are coming out of the wood work to CRH. It is easier to find a dump box or half box than it is to find a coin or two. The banks are getting hit up so often they've been barren recently. I asked at one of my pickup banks if they had gotten any halves. They always tell me they " just gave them out." I brought some unopened rolls from an unproductive box to leave with them this time since the amount of in house snipers has escalated.
    The teller says they just got $1000. I asked if they have any loose coins and they didn't so I added my $100 to the pile and explained that the other hunters would appreciate that they weren't searched. I decided to leave unsearched rolls at that bank since its getting too competitive. I told them I'd buy them back if they're still there next time I come in. Weird I know but so is this hobby. I am curious if the tellers will look through them, ship them out or sell them to someone. I doubt they'll be there next week. I hate to turn this branch into a dump bank too but since my fav teller left two months ago its been a long dry spell.
    My last box had 1 90%.
    A2coins, CJ9, Greastart and 1 others like this.

CJ9
    us
    Dec 2018
    NYC area
    292 times
    CRH
    Lately its been skunksville around here as well. It feels like many collectors have moved in on my turf recently. Everywhere I get rolls that seem to have been searched. Haven't found a silver dime in weeks. Nickels - not a thing, and even wheat-back cents have been few and far between (way less than the 1% hit rate that I have averaged).

Teller tray luck in halves continues though (any rolls I have looked at recently have been a skunk). Teller tray on Saturday got $1.50 and one was 1968-D. Was in Chicago last week and stopped into two banks - got $2 in halves from each ($4 total) and one was 1969-D.
    Sleepy Holow and Megalodon like this.

Sponsored Links