Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to go to my regular bank anyway. I made my deposit and almost as an after thought asked the teller if she had any halves. They had $410 worth so I got them. There were 11 40% er's there.

I drove 1/2 mile and dumped the rest into their machine. Smooth! I also had to go to that bank so gas spent on this $0.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have thought with that many halves it would have just been someone dumping rolled halves and you'd get skunked. Unusual that someone would organically have that large a quantity. The halves must have come from two sources : one with a LOT of halves (dumper) and one with a roll or two where you pulled the 11 40%ers.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked the teller, and apparently one older person gave them all of them. Right place at the right time. They were happy to get rid of them. Bankers also hate the dollar coins. IMG_0869.JPG

Last edited:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought with that many halves it would have just been someone dumping rolled halves and you'd get skunked. Unusual that someone would organically have that large a quantity. The halves must have come from two sources : one with a LOT of halves (dumper) and one with a roll or two where you pulled the 11 40%ers.

I love the large amounts. Can't have a big score without a big amount to search.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, paid for the gas this time. And for several other trips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread