MERC!!!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
YES!!! Only my 3rd one found, first in about 135,000 dimes!
S20191002_0021.jpg S20191002_0022.jpg

Not only did I manage to pull that Beauty, but also got 5 silver rosies. 64Dx2, 63D, 62D and this lovely one:
S20191002_0023.jpg

Best dime bag I've done. Happy hunting everyone!

Upvote 0

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
And I was beginning to wonder if you had taken a break. Haven’t seen you post lately. Very nice bag rosco!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Wish my banks would sell me a bag.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And I was beginning to wonder if you had taken a break. Haven’t seen you post lately. Very nice bag rosco!

I had taken a week vacation out to MD to hunt for Shark teeth, and haven't really found anything of note in the last 2 weeks besides a proof dime.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had taken a week vacation out to MD to hunt for Shark teeth, and haven't really found anything of note in the last 2 weeks besides a proof dime.

I lived 3 blocks from the Chesapeake bay (Calvert cliffs) for about 2.5 months when I was in high school (mid 1980's). Specifically, Chesapeake Beach, MD.

I hunted for shark teeth every day and must have kept over 1,000 teeth ranging in size from just a bit bigger than a grain of sand to nearly 5 inches. Also found other fossils such as vertebrae, jaw bones, and other/unknowns. I would hunt until dark (actually, until tide) everyday after school and would fill a glass jar per week with ones that I kept. I didn't keep very many small ones unless they had really neat color or shape. My older brother hunted half as much as I did and seemed to find twice as many large or unique finds.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Merc, Rosco! Love finding 'em! I'm still looking for the 1923 myself. It's on my "Next 5 To Find" Merc list I have on my computer.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding a merc is like finding an IH cent, or a Buff nic., or even a barber. Nice find Rosco, I hope to get back into CRH once I get a new handle on my cash flow situation.

OP
OP
R

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived 3 blocks from the Chesapeake bay (Calvert cliffs) for about 2.5 months when I was in high school (mid 1980's). Specifically, Chesapeake Beach, MD.

I hunted for shark teeth every day and must have kept over 1,000 teeth ranging in size from just a bit bigger than a grain of sand to nearly 5 inches. Also found other fossils such as vertebrae, jaw bones, and other/unknowns. I would hunt until dark (actually, until tide) everyday after school and would fill a glass jar per week with ones that I kept. I didn't keep very many small ones unless they had really neat color or shape. My older brother hunted half as much as I did and seemed to find twice as many large or unique finds.

Yeah, I may have expanded my career search to encompass that area, though am somewhat worried that if I made my way out there it'd reach addiction status entirely too quickly and I'd become neglectful of my job and dogs, then just wind up living with my parents again, albeit with hundreds more teeth...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll have your day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread