Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've enjoyed my time on tnet. I'm convinced that tnet is the best treasure hunting site on the internet. I have met some wonderful people from my time on tnet and enjoyed hunts with them. Making new friends from contacts on tnet is very rewarding - and a testament to the power of this forum. And I have been awed by the expert identifications and histories we enjoy here.

I have noticed a trend on tnet that I simply cannot abide. Politics have increasingly crept into the threads and there are many expressions of contempt for facts and outright hatred of science and those who have devoted their lives to science. I find it an odd juxtaposition for a site on which we seek to learn and also share actual facts about the things we find.

So thank you to the vast majority who made tnet a pleasure to read and participate. The minority that insult are invited to make any rude comments that you wish - I won't see them. Maybe I'll reconsider and come back some day (the site is addicting) and lurk a bit before resuming active participation. And then again, maybe not.

Letting the screen door hit me in the butt on my way out,

Goodbye, good luck and HH.

Upvote 0

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for participating. I've enjoyed your threads and posts...hope to see you again in the future.
Bart

Jbabycsx

Sep 19, 2019
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t leave just because people have a different opinion on things you’re passionate about. The world is full of people that don’t always agree. Isolating yourself is not the answer! Stay and express yourself!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t leave just because people have a different opinion on things you’re passionate about. The world is full of people that don’t always agree. Isolating yourself is not the answer! Stay and express yourself!

You can only "express" yourself if you are a Charter Member on certain subjects.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics are only allowed in our politics forum. If you see something you think is political report it, if mods agree it will be taken care of.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Megalodon,
Sorry to read this. I’ve enjoyed your wit and erudite answers to our puzzling questions. You will be missed. Hope your return finds the missing parts.
Best regards,
Don aka RustyGold

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is division everywhere and the culture now is to pull out all the stops all the time (rather than keep controversial topics to a moderate, if not respectful, temperament).

There is no effort to understand and/or empathize with others' POV (or even with the hard facts). Just attack, attack, attack with full passion and zeal regardless of reality.

This culture has ruined the political system and, admit it or not, casts doubt on many things (unfortunately journalism and science included). There's plenty of blame to go around and it's even possible to "prove" who's responsible for it all. Either side of any issue can prove that the other side started it, escalated it, or both - by manipulating the facts to their fancy.

Happy Hunting to you.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Politics are only allowed in our politics forum. If you see something you think is political report it, if mods agree it will be taken care of.

If one reads between the lines, it seems that M-don is complaining about (right or wrong) nobody guarding the guards. There are suggestions/suspicions of some political topics (on other TNet forums) enjoying unbalanced impunity.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megalodon,

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. I always enjoyed your posts. TNet will be diminished without your input. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Fare thee well,
Kantuck

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If one reads between the lines, it seems that M-don is complaining about (right or wrong) nobody guarding the guards. There are suggestions/suspicions of some political topics (on other TNet forums) enjoying unbalanced impunity.

If that is the case it should be reported and mods can look at it.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you see something you think is political report it, if mods agree it will be taken care of.

What? You mean like your avatar... a Deplorable Me Minion wearing a Make America Great Again hat?

I haven't a clue why all the MAGA stuff slips through or what Megalodon is talking about with his implication of bias [sarcasm intended].

Please consider this a report. We’ll see if the moderators agree and it gets taken care of... I’m guessing that this post will be deleted and perhaps Kantuckkeean will be taking a break from TNet as well, voluntary or not.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
What? You mean like your avatar... a Deplorable Me Minion wearing a Make America Great Again hat?

I write this in the spirit of fairness. I personally don't have a problem with the avatar, but I do agree, it is a little strange to have the no politics enforcers going around with politically charged avatars. Either the avatar needs to change or the rules on politics are being violated by the mods. If the avatar stays, the rules on politics need to change.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I write this in the spirit of fairness. I personally don't have a problem with the avatar, but I do agree, it is a little strange to have the no politics enforcers going around with politically charged avatars. Either the avatar needs to change or the rules on politics are being violated by the mods. If the avatar stays, the rules on politics need to change.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Megalodon, I am an active Tnet member because there is almost
zero political discussion.

Also: People need to stop wearing their hyper-sensitive feelings on their sleeves..we're
adults here. If people can get upset over some little cartoon dude with a hat on, then it's time
to grow the hell up. It's absolutely ridiculous.

That's my twocents-1.gif

life is short.jpeg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't a clue why all the MAGA stuff slips through or what Megalodon is talking about with his implication of bias [sarcasm intended].

Please consider this a report. We’ll see if the moderators agree and it gets taken care of... I’m guessing that this post will be deleted and perhaps Kantuckkeean will be taking a break from TNet as well, voluntary or not.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

That has been addressed multiple times in the past, Admins have directed mods that rules on politics do not apply to avatars and signature lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread