Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of CRHing, I have very little time for CRHing anymore. A couple of weeks ago, I stopped by a bank that had let me buy the bag off of the machine about a decade back. I was on a work trip and wanted to try that again, as it was out in the hills and I got quite a few silvers way back when. They wouldn't let me. Another bank in the same town wouldn't let me either. I think I got $8.00 in clad, which I used to tip housekeeping at my hotel.

In the past year, I think that I've found a total of 1 silver Roosevelt dime, and 1 40% Kennedy. I think it was a 1968. It filled up another roll though, so that was nice.

I bought a box of nickels a couple of weeks ago so that I could teach my boys and wife, "penny-a-point" rummy. Me and the boys searched the box. I showed them beforehand what war nickels would look like and told them to keep an eye out for buffs or anything weird. My 8yo son found the only two war nickels in the box. One was in his first roll. Now my boys and wife are beating me down at rummy. Hopefully I'll lose all my nickels soon so that I can buy another box.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the story, and the lead-in to have the kids look for war nics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread