Ccppers hoarders

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've spent all my 2009 dimes that I've been hoarding (saving, why I don't know ), so now I'm starting to gather together all my hoarded copper "reject" cents that I've collected since getting into CRH. I guessing about $400-500 worth. Since I see NO immediate PROFITABLE market for copper cents, somebody's going to get a bunch in their next box of cents. Unless somebody knows of someone looking for coppers. After that, I still need to sort & grade the "copper keepers" for the 13-grandkids folders, trying to only save "the best of the best".

I'm trying to hold off selling off my silver stack, with hopes that the price might still jump up, should have dumped it all several weeks ago when price spiked @ $19.51/oz., for only 2-3 days.

I think there's a little markup premium I can get from local coins shops/dealers for all my ( hundreds, if not thousands ) mixed Wheaties., once again to pull out the "best of the best " for the g-kids.

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Dozer, try and put your copper on Craigslist. You won't make much. Unless you are in a hurry to recoup the face value, you should be able to make some money over face. When I finally ditched my bricks of copper, it took about 2 months relisting the original post every 4-5 days to bring it to the top of the listings.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Diver, how much of a premium did you get?

At the time, they were valued at 1.8 cents/each. I didn't want to pay eBay fees on what would take multiple listings to ship the bricks. I put them on CL for 1.6 cents/each. Had the typical low-ball offers that even though I wanted to get rid of them, their offer wasn't worth meeting a stranger. The one guy started as a low-ball, I counter-offered. We settled on 1.4 cents/each. Not worth saving the copper for the years that I did, not to mention the time/effort to sort. But I got rid of them without pissing off my bank with a dolly cart filled with bricks of copper.

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I’mmy if you want copper
Cents I can help. Send me a pm if you’re interested.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've spent all my 2009 dimes that I've been hoarding (saving, why I don't know ), so now I'm starting to gather together all my hoarded copper "reject" cents that I've collected since getting into CRH. I guessing about $400-500 worth. Since I see NO immediate PROFITABLE market for copper cents, somebody's going to get a bunch in their next box of cents. Unless somebody knows of someone looking for coppers. After that, I still need to sort & grade the "copper keepers" for the 13-grandkids folders, trying to only save "the best of the best".

I'm trying to hold off selling off my silver stack, with hopes that the price might still jump up, should have dumped it all several weeks ago when price spiked @ $19.51/oz., for only 2-3 days.

I think there's a little markup premium I can get from local coins shops/dealers for all my ( hundreds, if not thousands ) mixed Wheaties., once again to pull out the "best of the best " for the g-kids.

Not sure about when silver will go up. I had $3,000 in silver quarters than they captured Bin Laden, and silver plunged from Close to $50 to down to $19 and I just took the loss. My last adventure in investing in silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread