Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On occasion I go to the bank and get some quarters, nickles or whatever, a few days ago I decided to turn in my quarters for cash, then go across the street and see if the other bank had any halves... the teller said they did but I would have to wait a few minutes for them (why? I have no clue). I sat and waited for about ten minutes until she brought out the half dollars (there were only 18 rolls so I took em all) and when I was putting them into my box I saw a roll that was labeled 1967. That was super exciting, but I didn't open it until I got into the car, I sort of doubted that they were 67s and thought maybe someone just reused an old roll. I peeked into the end and it was a 67 when I unrolled the whole thing I had a handful of silver! Not 90% or even that old, but still, I paid $10 for a stack of 20 silver halves. IMG_2003.JPG 59189293700__CB13E15E-F1FE-4460-9E5B-6DBE54ADA12E.JPG IMG_2002.JPG

Upvote 0

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
SOLID ROLL!!! :blob1: Always cool when IT IS what it says it is...now if you could just find one labeled "1921".

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Nice haul - congrats. I suspect the reason for the delay you experienced is that the rolls were in the vault.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Score!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats how often does that happen lol. Great find

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
On occasion I go to the bank and get some quarters, nickles or whatever, a few days ago I decided to turn in my quarters for cash, then go across the street and see if the other bank had any halves... the teller said they did but I would have to wait a few minutes for them (why? I have no clue).
The tellers need time to go through the rolls to pull the 90 %’ers. It’s just something you’ll have to deal with from time to time...anyhow, nice score!

Stacker62

Feb 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On occasion I go to the bank and get some quarters, nickles or whatever, a few days ago I decided to turn in my quarters for cash, then go across the street and see if the other bank had any halves... the teller said they did but I would have to wait a few minutes for them (why? I have no clue). I sat and waited for about ten minutes until she brought out the half dollars (there were only 18 rolls so I took em all) and when I was putting them into my box I saw a roll that was labeled 1967. That was super exciting, but I didn't open it until I got into the car, I sort of doubted that they were 67s and thought maybe someone just reused an old roll. I peeked into the end and it was a 67 when I unrolled the whole thing I had a handful of silver! Not 90% or even that old, but still, I paid $10 for a stack of 20 silver halves. View attachment 1759714 View attachment 1759715 View attachment 1759716

Just saw this post as I am new here. I know it was awhile ago but that's a really cool find! Keep hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions