Been a while..

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Been a long time since I got a silver quarter in a roll. Got this 1945 today

1945qtr 10-10.jpg

So far for the year searched $1,030 in quarters and this has been the only thing of note that I have found.

Got $50 in dimes, $2 in pennies, and $10 in quarters today. Everything else was a skunk.

Upvote 0

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
So far for the year searched $1,030 in quarters and this has been the only thing of note that I have found.

Nice find, CJ9. I think many will agree, if you can manage to maintain an average of 1 silver quarter per $1000 searched, you're doing spectacular.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! That's one silver coin more than I have ever found in a Coinstar!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find for a roll! Was it a CWR?

The only silver quarters I find are either in the ground or in coinstar reject trays - three in january on three different occasions and not one since.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Now a days I think the only way to find QUARTERS remaining in the wild is to find them in CWR's.

moff347

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
What a coincidence I found a 1945 today myself in a CWR. First silver quarter since starting to look for the W quarters maybe 2K searched.

Unfortunately out of the $150 CWRs that I got well over half were shorted or stuffed with nickels. Ended up being shorted $2.65 which eats up the silver found and some. :dontknow:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you there it's not easy to find silver but one day you'll find that whole roll of silvers everyone has there day
Good job on the quarter and good luck. Tommy

OP
OP
C

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find for a roll! Was it a CWR?

The only silver quarters I find are either in the ground or in coinstar reject trays - three in january on three different occasions and not one since.

Yeah it was in a CWR. I think finding these in a roll are pure luck - I searched some $1,000 of quarters this year and this was it (I searched quarters to look for W mint mark) - could have easily gone through $10,000 and found nothing.

I am with you - finding them in a coinstar is more likely - I have found one or two in Coinstar over the last 12 months or so.

OP
OP
C

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
What a coincidence I found a 1945 today myself in a CWR. First silver quarter since starting to look for the W quarters maybe 2K searched.

Unfortunately out of the $150 CWRs that I got well over half were shorted or stuffed with nickels. Ended up being shorted $2.65 which eats up the silver found and some. :dontknow:

LOL. That was what I search for as well - W quarters - and have yet to find any of those.

I hate when the rolls are stuffed with other coins. I have gotten dime rolls stuffed with pennies in the past - dime on each end and then pennies in the middle. That has probably happened to me about 10-15 times in the last several years. Lost like $50-$75. Now I am on to that scam as I can feel the reeding on the dime rolls with my fingernail. Also, pennies wrapped in dime rolls are tightly packed - so you can kind of tell. I have gotten rolls that I thought had pennies in them and opened them up in front of the teller - and low and behold there were pennies - and obviously they took them back so I didn't get scammed. Just have to be careful out there.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get foreign coins in rolls of halves - so far, from Bolivia, Venezuela, Panama, British pennies, and probably more than I can remember. The British pennies are also most often used in the magician's pieces too. Some of the foreign coins are so close in size to a US half that the coin machines accept them when dumping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread