3 more SOLID rolls, (with pics)

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I was working on the west side of Michigan, on my return to the Metro Detroit area. I stop in East Lansing to have lunch with Tanner (now a freshman a Michigan Sate) After lunch Tanner had to go to work, I stopped at 5 banks.

Bank 1 $3 in teller tray halves SKUNK
Bank 2 $10 one roll SKUNK
Bank 3 no halves
Bank 4 $20 two rolls SKUNK
Bank 5 Teller 1 = 1 roll SKUNK, Teller 2 = $4.50 from tray. Skunk
Manager said they had $480 in the vault. I bought $300. Out in my car the first roll opened was solid 40%
AHVc53vihpNm-I328uS7zmb_rVZxCAwYQgkV5wzhLdxnV-QpI5-yu-Q-Hyoin7RwpyTIchR_KrZVqBokpUUF5aMb-jqLV5weVWOiaG9H=s0-d-e1-ft
The next couple of rolls had a sprinkling of halves. I went back in side and bought the last $180.
In the first batch I found a about 5 more 40% halves sprinkled in the rolls and then a second solid roll of 40%.:hello2:
When I searched the last batch of $180 I found 14 more 40%. The very last roll opened was the third solid roll of 40%.
Total 3 solid 40% rolls and 19 more 40% halves sprinkled in for a total of 79 40% halves.:hello2:

Keep on Searching,
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• halves solid rolls.JPG
    halves solid rolls.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations :icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats freakin sweet, they are still out there. I live in Ann Arbor I will apologize in advance for Michigan beating MI state here in a couple weeks lol Thats a great score keep up the great finds my friend Tommy

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
As Dozer said to me the other day - right bank at the right time. Nice work - congratulations!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gordon: I'll bet that Tanner didn't believe you. Nice catch, that really FISHING AROUND in Michigan.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent Tanner a text soon after I added the find up. We have not been hitting it hard lately. I tend only to search on my way to and from work.
We have not ordered a box in about 2 months. I really hit it hard about a weeks ago in Standish and Pinconning, Michigan. I hit every bank in those 2 towns. Most banks had halves. One bank had about $200 in nasty old rolls, that came out of a cardboard box, All the halves were in customer wrapped rolls. I ended up with just one 40% half. I have to work in Ishpeming, MI in the upper peninsula November 9th. I should be able to stop by the "Happy Bank" along the way plus another that will sell me bags right off the machine.
All the best, Gordon and Tanner

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Gordon, you've been having some killer finds lately. How does 2019 stack up in terms of all-time productivity for you and Tanner?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what a great haul. Congrats! Any of the elusive 1970's?

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Gordon, you've been having some killer finds lately. How does 2019 stack up in terms of all-time productivity for you and Tanner?
Productivity is way up over the last 4 years. These solid roll finds have been the first in the last 7 years. Solid rolls really jack up you numbers. Usually after a search you end up with one or two 40% if your lucky. We have never been really good a keep accurate year over year numbers. The past few year seemed to be so low, We just pitched a few years worth of finds into the same coffee can. It has been a nice run, I hope it continues.

Keep on Searching,
Dad and Tanner

PS in 10 years of searching halves we have found just 1, 1970, and NO Barbers.

gary lee

Apr 13, 2020
atascadero, CA.
Detector(s) used
garret at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I need to leave California like everybody else and head out to your neck of the woods, LOL. Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread