Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up my standing order of two boxes from my bank and went through the first box, in which I found a really nice, seemingly fresh out of the cellophane envelope, clad 1992 Christopher Columbus Quincentenary half. No silver but the modern commem has a mintage of only 135K so I was happy.

On to the second box. Upon opening it, I saw 4 enders. I removed the top layer of 25 rolls and put them on my desk, and what do you know - the bottom layer of 25 rolls also showed 4 enders.

IMG_1441.jpg

The rolls started to show their silver. The top layer of the box produced 20 40%ers and two 90% Kennedy halves. I was feeling great and knew the bottom layer was showing 4 enders, so moved on to it and that layer produced 21 40%ers, 7 90%ers, of which 3 were Franklins, an impaired proof and a 1987-D.

IMG_1442.jpg

In all, there were 41 40%ers, broken down by
1965x4
1966x7
1967x9
1968x15
1969x6

IMG_1443.jpg

The 90%ers were
1964x6
1951x2
1962x1

Good luck out there and hope Halloween was as good to you! HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HUGE pile o' silver! :occasion14: Any of those Bens fill holes? How's that venture going?

Thanks. The 62-D Ben is in slightly better condition than the one it replaced. Haven't filled a new hole with a Ben for months.

My wife reminded me that she still has the best box of the year, having found one with 72 silver back in January. She quit in the middle of an epic skunk streak because she has a new sewing machine and serger (sp?) that apparently does everything except drive her to the fabric stores.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too shabby, congrats on all that silver going on your Hugh stacks by now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of surprising for me to still find silver anything in circulation. I guess younger folks are dumping granny's stashes.

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of surprising for me to still find silver anything in circulation. I guess younger folks are dumping granny's stashes.

Halves haven't really circulated for 50 years. Look at the high grades we see for clad halves dated in the early 1970's. They are usually much higher grades (except for slot machine or laundromat coins), than any lower denomination. Because dimes and quarters circulate, the few silvers are constantly being culled from the population. The silver halves are only removed from the population when we find them at banks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions