Thanks clowns.....

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I hunt 2 boxes of halves a week and always dump 1 box at time across 4-5 different branches. Every time I go to the 2 branches closest to my house there are 6-10 empty half dollar boxes stacked up on the garbage can, in the garbage can or loosely trepan around the garbage cans.... 5 days a week. Well now the machines at these 2 branches don't accept half dollars anymore. What a shocker. Thanks to the lazy inconsiderate hunters who live around me.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the only thing they are is confused.

Some people, man...

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than change their inconsiderate ways, they will just move on to the other branches until all branches re-program their coin machines.

Just like most things, one or a few fools spoil it for the rest of us who behave considerately.

I also spread out my dumps among different credit unions and their branches. The tellers know halves come in $500 boxes so they have asked me why I am dumping only 200 or 300. When I tell them it is to minimize bag changes and disruptions, they are surprised but also thankful for the thoughtfulness. I tell them I appreciate having access to the coin machines and don't want to abuse the privilege of using it.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the banks know who they are and refuse to cash their rolled halves.

It would be an easy thing to program a machine with a limit on coins.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There might be even more to the story than you know. One teller told me they don't mind changing bags so much as staying long past normal quitting time because some inconsiderate CRH'er started dumping boxes of coins 5 minutes before closing time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread