FAKE $20'S WARNING

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill be on the look-out .

I found 5 $100 bills at a park at daybreak over a year ago , (stuck them quickly in the trunk + they were wet from the 'Dew'.

After hunting for an hour I found a nice 'Artillery , Lead sabot piece , & a Maybe CW ??? -lead ?.

I went to put those in the car (as I was about to get a good ways from where I parked ) ; checked the Bills , they had Pink Chinese Characters on them ...I was ill .

8 months later I see one of these bills posted at a small store next to the winning $500 lottery tickets , with a note beside it saying ( Don't even try it ).

Then a week ago on the ATL News they reported 'Watch for fake 'Chinese' $100 bills coming out of the Dalton GA area (some 90 miles north of where I found mine.

TMI I know , sorry.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be wary of anything you get from the bank. True story! We got a call from one of the business offices (utility company) that a lady was trying to pay a commercial electric bill with bogus bills. We went down and she was freaked thinking she was going to jail. She had the receipt where she had withdrawn the cash from her business account an hour or so earlier. It all worked out well for her.

I was dumbfounded that a bank teller that handles cash all day could miss almost $2000 in bogus bills. Or was the bank trying to get rid of the bills?

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Some 45 years ago now, I was accused of passing counterfeit 20's. I was at my Mom's house and had a sit down with 2 agents of the Secret Service - one played the good guy, and the other guy was not so nice and kept his right hand tucked under his suit jacket near his weapon I'm sure. Not a very pleasant time I assure you. I kept waiting for years afterwards for them to return. The incident was a very life changing experience - extreme paranoia, and a perfect citizen thereafter.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear more and more about phony money coming from banks.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Would be entertaining to test every bill when withdrawing from a bank teller. I thought they scanned every bill coming in and going out with some kind of high tech detection device? Time to order a pen or a light. Good times ahead.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be entertaining to test every bill when withdrawing from a bank teller. I thought they scanned every bill coming in and going out with some kind of high tech detection device? Time to order a pen or a light. Good times ahead.

way too many fake "investigators" who need to buy a mirror :laughing9::BangHead::sad11::angry4:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the thug punks have been arrested--- now our NY GUBBNER will give them an appearance ticket & Super Bowl tickets (they may have been separated from their Chilldrun during the arraignment---- so gotta give 'em "reparations")

4 bags 'O dirt from NY city--- go figger:dontknow::tongue3::laughing9:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multiple posts deleted for politics or quote of political post. What part of "no politics" is hard to understand?

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Back in the late sixties I deposited two hundred dollars in twenty's and the teller told me one was bogus....at the time I worked in a print shop!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread