My search for a W quarter ends with 9?

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So over the past 4 months I've been keeping my eye out for the W quarters. I read the articles. It looked like fun. Two friends had found at least 1 a piece and thats all I really wanted to find. Just one. I started getting a random roll or 2 every so often. Nothing to speak of for months. Then, this past Friday I get 5 rolls from the bank. All the enders are San Antonio Missions. I figure this was my best chance yet! First 2 rolls are duds, the last 3 rolls produce 2 W's a piece. I was excited being a complete newb to the game. So I went back to the bank and got 5 more rolls from the same teller. That produced 3 more making a total of 9 San Antonio W's out of 10 rolls. I don't know about the odds and everything but I felt like I got pretty lucky. Should I resume this charade monday or should I let sleeping dogs lie? 2 of them are in really nice condition so I'll have my first graded coins eventually! My plan is to trade the rest for the others I don't have. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get as many as the bank will allow you.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score!
I agree with smokey... go back and see if you can get the rest of that box!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Regardless of how many you find, always keep UPGRADING with what you have, keeping the Best-of-the-Best and trade or sell off the rest.

OP
OP
stringplucker

stringplucker

May 22, 2010
virginia beach
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back today and got 6 rolls. Only 1w. Maybe I just got lucky the other day. So 10 total. I may go for a whole box one of these days.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back today and got 6 rolls. Only 1w. Maybe I just got lucky the other day. So 10 total. I may go for a whole box one of these days.

One W per six rolls is only a disappointment because your early success was so good. Even one per six rolls is far above average. Some people have searched many boxes and not found one.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im still looking lol

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got three this week - after going through three boxes of quarters, $1500 worth. Plus one Kansas error. Six in a roll is wonderful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread