Buying from a private person

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Have a neighbor wanting to sell his small collection of silver coins and silver bars. Has about $50 face in the coins and 5 pieces of 1 oz silver bars. He got this collection from a relative and would like to sell. He would like what the silver value is according to one of the internet web sites at that days siver spot rate, knowing that the spot goes up and down. With silver in the middle $16 range should I just give him what it is worth per piece? or let this small pile walk? I think silver will go up and not worried about losing money, but hate to just give it away too. Thoughts?

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some how you miss understood the amounts, I figured maybe $120 to $130? if that in silver I got for the $100.

Your list included 5 10 oz silver bars. Maybe there was a typo? Could it have been 5 one ounce bars?

OP
OP
W

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
My mistake, it is 5 one(1) oz silver bars. Now I understand the thinking I killed it!! I was as fair as I could be for him and me and he was very pleased to get the hundred dollar bill. And he learned what was worth something and what he should and oould have spent years ago.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Bought. I also saw the 5 1Oz and thought 10 oz bars but previously mentioned 5 1 oz so I quickly understood

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mistake, it is 5 one(1) oz silver bars. Now I understand the thinking I killed it!! I was as fair as I could be for him and me and he was very pleased to get the hundred dollar bill. And he learned what was worth something and what he should and oould have spent years ago.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, you were fair to him and the deal was a win-win.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread