Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I was doing well when I got a box with 50% Lowell 2019 Quarters in it. Well...not ONE W! Bummer! So after my happy nap I figured I would just go dump in the free coin machine at my credit union.

So...it came to precisely $500. At least they didn't short me with a foreign coin this time.

So...I go to the teller, who happened to be the manager. And waited. And waited. And waited some more while an elderly lady asked her every question about banking known to God and man. Finally it was my turn.

So...I hand her the slip and tell her to pay off the credit card with it. No problem. I assumed there was a tiny bit of interest for the few days I had used the money to go through $2k in quarters.

I owed them 14 cents. So...wait for it...hold onto your butt...

I handed her a quarter. She then tells me she cannot accept it! Like WHAT? So I said, "excuse me"?

She then said she had no money and could not give me the 11 cents change for the quarter. I transferred the 14 cents from my savings account to pay it off. I should have tossed her the quarter so her cash drawer would have been "off" for the day. It would have made it look like she cheated someone.

OR

I should have shoved the quarter up ( my cat says I can't say that here.)

You can't make this up.

Like it says in "Ghostbusters" as a sign of the End of the Age "cats and dogs...sleeping together".

Upvote 0
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, what benefit is a bank?

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did really good on quarters today. Mean bankers. Will post after my nap! If it's not too late.

Longest nap ever. :sleepy2:

Edited to add: Looks like the quarter results were posted in a new thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naps are good. Today's box, not so good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread