Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call APMEX and see what they’re offering. I sold to them once and was quite pleased. It was the only time that I sold any silver and it was with the intention of taking the proceeds from the CRH 40%ers and buying .999 1 oz. rounds. I think that I got 94% of the melt value, which was more than I was expecting. Not sure if it’s the same currently. I sold the 40%ers during the run up to $48/oz. several years back. When I sold, the market was extremely volatile and I sold just below $30/oz. Wish I’d sold it all during that run up.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charter membership is a good move. I sold mine on Ebay. I don't really have a modern coin collection.

tmjones550

Aug 16, 2011
I actually just sold $330.00 face value for $1600.00 to Provident metals. Apmex underbid Provident by $300.00. I have dealt with Provident for over 10 years and have always been the top buyer. I hope this helps.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I have sold wheat pennies on Craig's list. It worked fine. I always meet them at my local library.
If I were to sell silver on Craig's List I would list it as: 2 rolls of 40% Kennedy Half Dollars for sale.
I would meet them in a public place (Police Station). If I liked them, I would tell them I have another 5 rolls. Then if that sale went well I would let them know that you have even more.
I think you can get a good price on Craig's List (NO FEES).
I would just take your time, get a price near spot. I think it could be a win/win negotiation.

Good Luck.
Dad and Tanner

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think silver is a little cheap at the moment to be selling, but who can predict the future?

I don't use facebook, but my wife does and we have had good experiences selling other items with their yardsale feature. Same caveats as with Craigslist.

Don't forget to pull out any 1970's (I still haven't found one).

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I actually just sold $330.00 face value for $1600.00 to Provident metals. Apmex underbid Provident by $300.00. I have dealt with Provident for over 10 years and have always been the top buyer. I hope this helps.
Provident’s buy price today on 40% Kennedy halves is 94% of spot.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I did sell three rolls of Kennedy 40% halves on Craigslist several years ago when silver was $35.
They sat for several weeks with one bite at 70% of melt. We met at the credit union.

OP
OP
J

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Facebook marketplace does not allow cois of any kind on their system...at least where I live in Central USA.

OP
OP
J

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megadaloon, thanks for input, how does shipping come into play $330 face base to way at least 35-40 lbs and shipping is gonna cost
$50 I guess

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megadaloon, thanks for input, how does shipping come into play $330 face base to way at least 35-40 lbs and shipping is gonna cost
$50 I guess

I haven't shipped bullion coins - but i know shipping is addressed on the websites of at least the two places mentioned in this thread. Also, the weight of 330 face will be about half your estimate. A $500 box is about 25 pounds, so 330/500 x 25 = about 17 pounds. USPS has some flat rate shipping options - but only ship by the specific method specified by APMEX or Provident or other bullion dealer.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could try Facebook marketplace as well?

That's what I meant when I suggested facebook yardsale; not using facebook, I wasn't sure of the correct name of marketplace.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could become a charter member on TNet and offer them for sale in the classifieds.
That is if no one PMs you an offer due to this thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread