Gotta love the reject bin

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was dumping coin a few days ago and filled the bag so the teller had to change it. He opened up the machine and I see the internal reject bin is full. I asked if he wanted to empty it and he says yes and thanks me. Was hoping for some rings or some silver coins but I’m not complaining. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1579265309.390753.jpg

Upvote 0

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow. I love it when they oblige! Sometimes there are some good things to be found.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same thing at my CU---- he tells me "technically, this belongs to the bank"----- then he locks up the unit:BangHead::BangHead::tongue3:-- whudda punk- a*s dipwad :dontknow::BangHead::angry1::cussing::tard:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How cool is that!?!

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm quite jealous of those of you that can search those. I gotta ask the ladies at my CU what they do again and hopefully get in on this...

OP
OP
Dannycoco

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It never hurts to ask. I’ve got a pretty good relationship with a bunch of tellers in my area so 8/10 times they will give me what’s in there. A couple weeks ago there were at least three silver rings in the bin but they wouldn’t give it up. I went back on the weekend when there were different tellers working and they gave me the rejects. No rings to be found. Got sniped.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One branch of one of my credit unions lets me scoop out the internal bin. No silver yet, but lots of driver bits and some live ammunition. I wonder if a .22 round has ever gone off inside a coin machine?

Hobbs.

Dec 29, 2019
On the edge of the Great Basin.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Gold Bug II, ATX, GPX-5K, Nox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How in the heck does live ammo get inside a coin machine?

One branch of one of my credit unions lets me scoop out the internal bin. No silver yet, but lots of driver bits and some live ammunition. I wonder if a .22 round has ever gone off inside a coin machine?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How in the heck does live ammo get inside a coin machine?

Don't know. But at that one branch, I think there has been some live ammo in the reject bin every time I've looked. How do thumb-tacks get into a coin machine?

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get into vacuums in public car washes, I understand you can find all sorts of treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions