8 Ws in 1 Box!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still hitting the quarters pretty hard. In fact, I haven’t really searched anything else for several months, other than an occasional half box (which haven’t yielded anything for a while).
Anyway... got some quarter boxes from my bank this week, hoping for some solid 2019s for a big score. All 5 boxes were mixed circulated coins. First was a skunk, but box 2 produced 8 Ws! 7 River of No Returns & 1 American Memorial Park. In had a roll with 3 and another roll with 2 in them. I usually hope for 1 W per box of circulated quarters, so this was a pleasant surprise.
If you’re not searching quarters, you should give it a try!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580040400.030210.jpg

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sweet finds. I've been hitting quarters exclusively since last April. First time in over 30 years that I haven't searched a half box. I have had no luck with the W's in the past 3 months. But I still churn through them. I have finally exhausted my 67 Lowell West Point quarters selling them online. The last one is up now. I have only found American Memorial(s) besides the Lowell(s).

Unfortunately, the snowbirds have arrived the past few months. Lots of Canadian qrtrs mixed in the boxes giving false hope that silver qtrs have been found.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find a W Good going that had to be a nice surprise. Tommy

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
still no Lowell and the only Maryanne(sic) I see occasionally is Williamson..... Lordy---- she is HOT!!! :happysmiley:

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there. 8 in one box is really good. I have yet to find one, but admittedly, I haven't been searching quarters all that much.

OP
OP
baddbluff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the value of a W quarter?

Thanks,

Dad and Tanner

In the beginning, I was getting 25-30$ for them on Feebay. Now, about 12-15$. I’ve sold all but two - decided late in the game to try & keep one of each.
I’m up to 151 Ws found now.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
I considered myself lucky to find one of the San Antonio Missions in my last bag, would probably have a heart attack if I pulled 59 W's, congrats!

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
In the beginning, I was getting 25-30$ for them on Feebay. Now, about 12-15$. I’ve sold all but two - decided late in the game to try & keep one of each.
I’m up to 151 Ws found now.

Just curious, I have not CRH'ed quarters forever. You mentioned you hoped for 1 W minted coin per box, is that the average per circulated boxes? Seems high but I can't really judge since I don't CRH quarters. I just don't bother with quarters because I would think the odds of getting W mints are low per circulated boxes. If the box was all newly minted coins, that would be a different matter but it's a luck of the draw to get those.

Do you still find silver? If so, how often? I remember there was a time I CRHed quarters when they came in plastic wraps so it was easy but that was like 10 years ago. But still, I only found on average 1 silver per 7 boxes which was terrible and still not worth it despite the plastic wraps. I can't imagine searching quarters for silver now as more and more clad are added every year. Just debating with myself to try quarters for W mints. Quarters are a pain to lug around too. A box of quarters feels as though it weighs more than a box of halves.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, I have not CRH'ed quarters forever. You mentioned you hoped for 1 W minted coin per box, is that the average per circulated boxes? Seems high but I can't really judge since I don't CRH quarters. I just don't bother with quarters because I would think the odds of getting W mints are low per circulated boxes. If the box was all newly minted coins, that would be a different matter but it's a luck of the draw to get those.

Do you still find silver? If so, how often? I remember there was a time I CRHed quarters when they came in plastic wraps so it was easy but that was like 10 years ago. But still, I only found on average 1 silver per 7 boxes which was terrible and still not worth it despite the plastic wraps. I can't imagine searching quarters for silver now as more and more clad are added every year. Just debating with myself to try quarters for W mints. Quarters are a pain to lug around too. A box of quarters feels as though it weighs more than a box of halves.

I just started searching quarters about three weeks ago after a long run of skunk halves. I've only searched four boxes + 20 rolls, but have found 5 Ws, which I think is a good rate - especially since they are all circulated boxes. Naturally, no silver in the boxes, although I did find one silver quarter in the free coinstar when dumping two boxes of skunk halves three weeks ago.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Ive been looking for a while havent got even 1 Well done thats really cool Tommy

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Guess it depends on what part of the country you're in for these coins. I'll give it a try soon. Not hoping for much but after lackluster halves results, I might as well. Lol. Curious on how they decided to distribute these coins. Someone said on another thread that they were supposed to distribute them more evenly this year for 2020.

Last edited:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
From the looks of things on Feebay, lots are sold from the VA, AL, KY, LA, AZ, NY areas. I don't see any sellers of these in SoCal which is a bummer. lol

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread