8 Ws in 1 Box!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By baddbluff
  • 5 Post By baddbluff

Thread: 8 Ws in 1 Box!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2011
    vegas
    1400 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

8 Ws in 1 Box!

Still hitting the quarters pretty hard. In fact, I havenít really searched anything else for several months, other than an occasional half box (which havenít yielded anything for a while).
    Anyway... got some quarter boxes from my bank this week, hoping for some solid 2019s for a big score. All 5 boxes were mixed circulated coins. First was a skunk, but box 2 produced 8 Ws! 7 River of No Returns & 1 American Memorial Park. In had a roll with 3 and another roll with 2 in them. I usually hope for 1 W per box of circulated quarters, so this was a pleasant surprise.
    If youíre not searching quarters, you should give it a try!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580040400.030210.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	795.2 KB 
ID:	1794688

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1750 times
    Sweet finds. I've been hitting quarters exclusively since last April. First time in over 30 years that I haven't searched a half box. I have had no luck with the W's in the past 3 months. But I still churn through them. I have finally exhausted my 67 Lowell West Point quarters selling them online. The last one is up now. I have only found American Memorial(s) besides the Lowell(s).

Unfortunately, the snowbirds have arrived the past few months. Lots of Canadian qrtrs mixed in the boxes giving false hope that silver qtrs have been found.

us
    Dec 2009
    South East, MI
    my eyes
    490 times
    What is the value of a W quarter?

Thanks,

Dad and Tanner

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    36744 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I have yet to find a W Good going that had to be a nice surprise. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 185 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    7354 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    still no Lowell and the only Maryanne(sic) I see occasionally is Williamson..... Lordy---- she is HOT!!!

CJ9
    us
    Dec 2018
    NYC area
    412 times
    CRH
    Nice finds there. 8 in one box is really good. I have yet to find one, but admittedly, I haven't been searching quarters all that much.

us
    Apr 2011
    vegas
    1400 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gordon and tanner View Post
    What is the value of a W quarter?

Thanks,

Dad and Tanner
    In the beginning, I was getting 25-30$ for them on Feebay. Now, about 12-15$. Iíve sold all but two - decided late in the game to try & keep one of each.
    Iím up to 151 Ws found now.

us
    Mar 2018
    Bryant, WI
    Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
    1549 times
    CRH, hockey cards
    I considered myself lucky to find one of the San Antonio Missions in my last bag, would probably have a heart attack if I pulled 59 W's, congrats!

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by baddbluff View Post
    In the beginning, I was getting 25-30$ for them on Feebay. Now, about 12-15$. Iíve sold all but two - decided late in the game to try & keep one of each.
    Iím up to 151 Ws found now.
    Just curious, I have not CRH'ed quarters forever. You mentioned you hoped for 1 W minted coin per box, is that the average per circulated boxes? Seems high but I can't really judge since I don't CRH quarters. I just don't bother with quarters because I would think the odds of getting W mints are low per circulated boxes. If the box was all newly minted coins, that would be a different matter but it's a luck of the draw to get those.

Do you still find silver? If so, how often? I remember there was a time I CRHed quarters when they came in plastic wraps so it was easy but that was like 10 years ago. But still, I only found on average 1 silver per 7 boxes which was terrible and still not worth it despite the plastic wraps. I can't imagine searching quarters for silver now as more and more clad are added every year. Just debating with myself to try quarters for W mints. Quarters are a pain to lug around too. A box of quarters feels as though it weighs more than a box of halves.
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 09, 2020 at 10:18 AM.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3354 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SFBayArea View Post
    Just curious, I have not CRH'ed quarters forever. You mentioned you hoped for 1 W minted coin per box, is that the average per circulated boxes? Seems high but I can't really judge since I don't CRH quarters. I just don't bother with quarters because I would think the odds of getting W mints are low per circulated boxes. If the box was all newly minted coins, that would be a different matter but it's a luck of the draw to get those.

Do you still find silver? If so, how often? I remember there was a time I CRHed quarters when they came in plastic wraps so it was easy but that was like 10 years ago. But still, I only found on average 1 silver per 7 boxes which was terrible and still not worth it despite the plastic wraps. I can't imagine searching quarters for silver now as more and more clad are added every year. Just debating with myself to try quarters for W mints. Quarters are a pain to lug around too. A box of quarters feels as though it weighs more than a box of halves.
    I just started searching quarters about three weeks ago after a long run of skunk halves. I've only searched four boxes + 20 rolls, but have found 5 Ws, which I think is a good rate - especially since they are all circulated boxes. Naturally, no silver in the boxes, although I did find one silver quarter in the free coinstar when dumping two boxes of skunk halves three weeks ago.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    36744 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Congrats Ive been looking for a while havent got even 1 Well done thats really cool Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 185 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    28 times
    Guess it depends on what part of the country you're in for these coins. I'll give it a try soon. Not hoping for much but after lackluster halves results, I might as well. Lol. Curious on how they decided to distribute these coins. Someone said on another thread that they were supposed to distribute them more evenly this year for 2020.
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 09, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT
    28 times
    From the looks of things on Feebay, lots are sold from the VA, AL, KY, LA, AZ, NY areas. I don't see any sellers of these in SoCal which is a bummer. lol
    Last edited by SFBayArea; Feb 09, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

Sponsored Links