Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Dime bag off counter - BIG SCORE FOR COLLECTION

I got a dime bag on Friday, been too busy at the gun show to open it.

I also got 2 boxes of halves, first is a skunk so decided to open the dime bag and do a few handfulls to fill the coffee can of halves. I did about 3 handfulls and it topped up the coffee can.

Well I found 3 silvers, 64D 53 and 51 one in each handfull. This could be a good bag. I will continue the report as I work the bag over the next few days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
about 2/3rd through the bag and so far 20 silver dimes including 3 "S" mints, 52 53 56 (I think)

Looks like someone dumped a small collection. Pictures to come when I finish the bag

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enlighten us Ben, what brand machine would eat a silver and not vomit???:dontknow::laughing9:----- gotta find one of those in my town:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are the results, 23 silver dimes only 3 duplicates and 4 S mints (1 was a dup) Someone may have dumped a small collection. I will get the other bag when it fills as they will save the bags for me

The counter, I forget the name but all the banks around here use them. I added 8 coins to my CRH album!

uCyH4FIh.jpg

wmoTkIgh.jpg

RJMT7PPh.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowza good score keep em coming

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about 2/3rd through the bag and so far 20 silver dimes including 3 "S" mints, 52 53 56 (I think)

Looks like someone dumped a small collection. Pictures to come when I finish the bag

:headbang: That was a nice bag. Around here banks won't sell bags. FYI They closed the San Francisco mint in 1956 so there were no S mint coins that year. Were the dimes all "Rosies"?

HH
Gary

OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes they were all Rosies. The last S in the bunch was a 1954. I was very happy.

I am going to get the next two bags off that machine in case the rest of the collection went into the other bag.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
I love it how all of us find a nice score and immediately "gotta go get the rest!" :-p. Buncha greedy *******s we are... Congrats on the pulls man!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it how all of us find a nice score and immediately "gotta go get the rest!" :-p. Buncha greedy *******s we are... Congrats on the pulls man!

Yup. I've done this, with the usual great expectations and that "next" box turns out to be a skunk. Comparable to fishing when the fishing changes.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they were all Rosies. The last S in the bunch was a 1954. I was very happy.

I am going to get the next two bags off that machine in case the rest of the collection went into the other bag.

Very nice! Get them while you can. Our credit unions once sold bags until some fool CRH'ers complained (to the bank HQ even) about being a couple of dimes short. It only takes a very few selfish dummies to ruin it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben Cartwright SASS

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! Get them while you can. Our credit unions once sold bags until some fool CRH'ers complained (to the bank HQ even) about being a couple of dimes short. It only takes a very few selfish dummies to ruin it.

They hold all the Half and Dime bags for me, another guy gets the pennies and has for some time.

Yup there are idiots that screw it up for everyone. Being short is part of the game.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Yea, but I bet he never once told them about the bags that could have been OVER, what a jerk for a few dimes.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dime bag?! I once arrested a guy with a dime bag on him, didn't end well. But these are new times, high times, so smoke them if you got 'em!

Seriously, nice score!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions