Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been holding onto all my proofs that I already have in my CRH half set in a Dansco album (also do dimes) and I also pulled about 40 of the best NIFC halves

At the gun show this weekend (and also the last one) I put up a tray with NIFC "AU/BU" halves for $1 each. I sold 6 of them. I also put up the proofs for $3 or $4 depending on condition.
I also have a tray of circulated Ikes for $3 or 2/$5 and usually sell at least 10-15 of them. I get them by asking at each bank I go to

Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish we lived closer - I'd give you all of my proofs (and I find too many NIFC to save) for face value - 59 in a box last week alone. I just hate dumping such attractive coins in the coin machines!

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thinking Ben, if you have a table anyhow.

Not to hijack the thread, but Megalodon, Find a boy scout troop if you ever want to dump your NIFC for face. I am one of the Merit badge counselors for Pinellas County FL, and personally use any I have found for the scouts to have a decent coin in a 2x2 as they are working on the requirements.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Ben, that’s a good way to sell your Ike’s and NIFC’s. I’ve always thought gun shows would be a great place to sell junk silver coins for a decent markup. Possibly a market for copper bullion (rolls of pre-1982 cents) as well. You might want to give it a try next time.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
I have been holding onto all my proofs that I already have in my CRH half set in a Dansco album (also do dimes) and I also pulled about 40 of the best NIFC halves

At the gun show this weekend (and also the last one) I put up a tray with NIFC "AU/BU" halves for $1 each. I sold 6 of them. I also put up the proofs for $3 or $4 depending on condition.
I also have a tray of circulated Ikes for $3 or 2/$5 and usually sell at least 10-15 of them. I get them by asking at each bank I go to

if i was born lucky i could do that too ? but i'm not. thats why i come here. (*_*)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread