What I do with NIFC and Proofs
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ben Cartwright SASS
  • 1 Post By TheWalrus

Thread: What I do with NIFC and Proofs

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Massachusetts
    Whites, Garrett
    1072 times
    Gold Panning, Metal detecting, beach combing, shooting, photography, genealogy, gardening

What I do with NIFC and Proofs

I have been holding onto all my proofs that I already have in my CRH half set in a Dansco album (also do dimes) and I also pulled about 40 of the best NIFC halves

At the gun show this weekend (and also the last one) I put up a tray with NIFC "AU/BU" halves for $1 each. I sold 6 of them. I also put up the proofs for $3 or $4 depending on condition.
    I also have a tray of circulated Ikes for $3 or 2/$5 and usually sell at least 10-15 of them. I get them by asking at each bank I go to
    kypton likes this.
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

#59 "Free advice is seldom cheap"

#92 "Never confuse wisdom with luck"

2019 Totals: Halves: 6 40% 4 90%, Dimes: 23, Quarters: 0

2019 GOAL: 300 silver Currently 33/300

Boxes searched: Halves boxes 8, bags 0, CWR 0, loose 0 : Dimes boxes 0, bags 1, BWR 0, CWR 0 : Quarters boxes 1, bags 2, CWR 0

MILES Driven 125

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3355 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I wish we lived closer - I'd give you all of my proofs (and I find too many NIFC to save) for face value - 59 in a box last week alone. I just hate dumping such attractive coins in the coin machines!
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    Oct 2014
    Florida
    Garrett 250
    121 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good thinking Ben, if you have a table anyhow.

Not to hijack the thread, but Megalodon, Find a boy scout troop if you ever want to dump your NIFC for face. I am one of the Merit badge counselors for Pinellas County FL, and personally use any I have found for the scouts to have a decent coin in a 2x2 as they are working on the requirements.
    Megalodon likes this.

us
    Apr 2011
    1322 times
    Ben, thatís a good way to sell your Ikeís and NIFCís. Iíve always thought gun shows would be a great place to sell junk silver coins for a decent markup. Possibly a market for copper bullion (rolls of pre-1982 cents) as well. You might want to give it a try next time.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Cartwright SASS View Post
    I have been holding onto all my proofs that I already have in my CRH half set in a Dansco album (also do dimes) and I also pulled about 40 of the best NIFC halves

At the gun show this weekend (and also the last one) I put up a tray with NIFC "AU/BU" halves for $1 each. I sold 6 of them. I also put up the proofs for $3 or $4 depending on condition.
    I also have a tray of circulated Ikes for $3 or 2/$5 and usually sell at least 10-15 of them. I get them by asking at each bank I go to
    if i was born lucky i could do that too ? but i'm not. thats why i come here. (*_*)

Sponsored Links