Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a dang flying fox---- not a bat------- wonder if it can chuck wood:dontknow:???:tongue3::laughing9:

IMG_0356.JPG

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to spread these out better than the Ws hope this doesnt hurt the value of the Ws. Thanks for posting that..

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Note the American Samoa West Pointers won't be released with the P/D American Samoa Qtrs. The West Pointers for that particular design will be released last. All the West Point Qtrs will have a privy mark noting the 75th Anniversary of the Allied victory in WWII. Because the P/D American Samoa will be released in Feb., the release date is before the actual anniversary. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/626696-west-point-quarters.html

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you made me go out and get my 5-minute Google master's in bats...it turns out that flying fox is to bat as chihuahua is to dog. Who knew?!

I just wish those dang ground hogs would quit hoggin' my ground----here a hole, there a hole, ---- snickerin' fat furry fake meerkats--- and then whooosh--- he's gone -- just like Kaiser Soze :dontknow: :icon_biggrin: :evil6: :laughing3:

and here I always thought a privy was a terlitt :laughing9:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you made me go out and get my 5-minute Google master's in bats...it turns out that flying fox is to bat as chihuahua is to dog. Who knew?!

Yup, sort of, although all dogs are a single species. Flying fox is a common name for a species of bat.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could we have done better on the bat quarter???

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could we have done better on the bat quarter???

I love the design and the idea of depicting a bat. Bats are important ecologically and to the economy, saving farmers billions of dollars by pollinating and also insect control - saving the cost and unintended consequences of insecticide use.

It appears this one was introduced a week ago. Is there any effort like last year to reward the first found in the wild?

The bat heads appear to be in fairly high relief, so my concern would be this design might be vulnerable and the toughest one to get in the very highest grades. Can't wait to have one in hand to examine, I'll step up my quarter searching.

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the design and the idea of depicting a bat. Bats are important ecologically and to the economy, saving farmers billions of dollars by pollinating and also insect control - saving the cost and unintended consequences of insecticide use.

It appears this one was introduced a week ago. Is there any effort like last year to reward the first found in the wild?

I love bats, I just think the design looks stupid.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think this will effect the W quarters value and when will the last west point quarter be released also are there going to be just these privy quarters released or will there be different mint Mark's for circulation also like with the west point quarters like the p mint mark sorry it's hard to keep up it seems the first of the privy will be released on the 6th and might start showing up in a couple weeks. Tommy

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as future values go for the 2019 Ws, it appears all of our crystal balls are in the shop (dang planned obsolescence...). I'm probably too lazy to sell any and mostly look at them in appreciation of the artistry of the designer's work.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bat being held being bottle fed would have been cute. (Think Australian wild fires.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread